Nooooooooooooo

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
halcyonskys
Hunter

Nooooooooooooo

Post by halcyonskys »

Ok.. im on loggers. I have multiplayer up.. yea I know. prolly a bad idea.. it seems multiplayer is the one that crashes the most.
So I found a group of mules. its the brothers 5. two tracking says are 140 weight.
I end up killing them all cept the last one. its the biggest one ironically. the second biggest scored about 186 but his rack wasn't nearly as big.
I spend the next 3 hours tracking it down.
I spook him 5 times at least. total pain in the butt to get.
but when I hover over him his score says well over 200. looking at his rack. looks def above 200 a bit.
going to be a high scorer indeed!
finally catch up to him. get him in a good spot.
hit him in the intestines with the parker. oh well.. ill track his butt down. he wont go far.
I almost am to him and the game crashes. lol. *crys*

I got to take a break for a bit.. im frazzled.

this games crashed 4 times on me so far today. =(
im beginning to wonder if that 12 month sub I got was a bit premature till they got this figured out.
Jex_TE
Scout

Re: Nooooooooooooo

Post by Jex_TE »

When you say it crashes, does your screen go black but you can still hear the sounds? I had this on my laptop and it was overheating - The Hunter uses your GPU massively and can overheat you g/card.
halcyonskys
Hunter

Post by halcyonskys »

Jex_TE wrote:When you say it crashes, does your screen go black but you can still hear the sounds? I had this on my laptop and it was overheating - The Hunter uses your GPU massively and can overheat you g/card.
I got my machine setup so it never overheats.
In this case the screen froze. I had to cont alt del to kill the process after it sat there for over 5 minutes.
When this machine overheats it actually shuts itself off. Besides I still have control of the machine when the game dies.

Most TheHunter crashes have thrown misc error messages and I just am dumped back to the hunting control panel page where you choose a map and start the game.

The problems/issues are the game itself.
Other games and applications have no issues.

One thing ive noticed is when hosting a multiplayer, the crashes tend to happen after someone joins and have just entered the map or are in their inventory. Can be any number of position, first player on, third, fourth, etc. I wondered for a while if it had something to do with them pulling out their dogs, or if some players were intentionally doing something that crashes things.
The game can be going all day long before it happens other times its more sudden.

Ironically in this hunt I mentioned to my wife after I shot this buck, 'I hope the game doesn't crash'. Go murphy go. lol

Going to stick with single player for now. It tends to crash a lot less often.
Jex_TE
Scout

Post by Jex_TE »

Since I installed on my new PC i've not had an issue - running win7 gtx570 and 8gb ram. Have you reinstalled the game?
halcyonskys
Hunter

Post by halcyonskys »

Jex_TE wrote:Since I installed on my new PC i've not had an issue - running win7 gtx570 and 8gb ram. Have you reinstalled the game?
I used steam to install it a couple weeks ago. this machine is 4gb ram, 2.5 t9300 intel core duo, NVidia 8600m gt.
its a crap machine really and barely plays the game. but its what I got for now. win 7 64 pro.
Unlikely for it to be the install having a issue. If for some reason it was the hardware, its the games code still having issues.
Nothing else crashes. The OS is pretty clean I keep it that way. Have Linux on a second partition I use as well.
Also. Game *use* to not crash at all on this machine, but there has been many patches and addons to thehunter since (use to use this machine about a year ago to play this game).

again.. not my os. not my machine. not heat. =P

Return to “General Chat”