Deer running easily

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
halcyonskys
Hunter

Re: Deer running easily

Post by halcyonskys »

a visual eh.. hmm.. ill try to keep it in mind later on.
:geek:
hunterPRO1 wrote:
halcyonskys wrote:hmm.. you suggesting rotating in position is making noises now? from what I've always saw it never did anything to rotate in the past; only actual moving from position made noise. but then even so if this was the case, it doesn't explain the other situations the other folks have mentioned.
personally I haven't seen it yet.. not really relishing it if or when it happens either.
no not making noises just the animals noticing the extra movement from your whole body moving instead of just your head
BuckBeast
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuckBeast »

Raptor02 wrote:There's issues with spooking for a while. Videos have been posted with bear spooking at over 100m away when hearing a bow shot. And I had a flock of turkey spook from 80m just raising my .22 in a tower at settlers. It doesn't seem to be all the time nor does it happen to everyone. I think there's been reports of kangaroos and European rabbits not spooking for some hunters too. The system has got some kinks!
I can confirm this with a lone kangaroo. I was sprinting from place to place getting hogs I dropped, and almost ran up on one! It was prob 40m away and with its back turned, but still, I stopped sprinting and dropped it right there :lol:
Jex_TE
Scout

Post by Jex_TE »

I'm not noticing this. If anything, I'm not noticing the animal before it almost walks into me and bolts. I pretty much always crouch walk, using the ghillie suit and I'm not using a caller and have seen plenty of dear very close to me.
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

I know i am new to this game , but i have noticed similar issues with Deer spotting me from what i perceive to be a few hundred yards away , i will be up on a hill , looking down and spot a animal in the distance i crouch down and can barely see over the edge or rock i am behind and then it just runs like i was jumping up and down or something , but then i can hide within (under) a large bushy tree and one will walk past me like i am not there and i can kill it with my bow (my last Doe was shot this way) , but at a what to me is a large distance , they spook like i jumped up in front of them

I have noticed this since this last update , its not every doe and i dont know if the wind is playing a factor in this since i do not have anything to test wind direction , and am using the basic Camo that comes in the In Game Inventory Menu , but again , up close i don't seem to spook them , its at a fairly long distance , i can be above them , below them , on either side of them , or even behind them , and they run like i smacked them on the butt and yelled in their ear

So maybe it is a bug of some sort , i was really trying to figure out what i was doing wrong , as it made no sense to only happen at a distance , and far further than they would normally be able to hear any movement from me

Any ideas ???

Return to “General Chat”