these bugs, are the ever going to be fixed?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jex_TE
Scout

Re: these bugs, are the ever going to be fixed?

Post by Jex_TE »

maros.kuzar wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:...
However the suggestion that bugged items should be on sale to force the developers to fix the issues quickly, is ridiculous. First off, I doubt very much that the developers are the people who need to be forced. I said once before in another post some time ago, that if Expansive Worlds was run by developers alone, we would probably have a lot of the cool new features that many community members have asked for, plus no doubt far less bugs and glitches. However the company would probably declare bankruptcy pretty quickly because making money would no longer be the main priority.
I agree with you and it is not like I am not aware of it. And while it may be ridiculous, it is how everyday life works. Or where you live broken things cost the same as normal?
It is now common practise even for big shops that are spread across the world. For example, many shops where I buy clothes offer damaged clothing for reduced price, but at every piece of clothing there is a sticker with description how is that particular piece damaged and according percentage reduction.
I find it nice for two reasons: It shows that they controlled product I am buying so I can be more sure it is OK, and that they are transparent with their business. Least but not last I really like that they rather sell it than just throwing it away to bin ;)
Even if you are buying not-new car, you don't pay full price, because it is expected that car is slightly or more damaged by previous usage.

I understand that EW is money-making business, and I have no problem with that, but I feel very frustrated when I buy something just to find out it is not working properly or at all or immersion breaking.

I bought muzzleloader without knowing it has that bullet glitch, I nearly never use it just for that. Bought pheasant caller just to find out it is not working, by reporting it I was ridiculed because I am "obviously doing something wrong". But as soon as Hoo said he has similar problem, everybody calmed down. Do you know how hard I fought just to get my ems back?

Bugs such as muzzleloader bullet glitch are well known by devs, they attempted to fix it several times, yet they are selling this item as it is everything ok with it.

And I don't want to start war here or anything, I know everybody has different standards, I am just stating that IMO it is not ok to keep selling broken things without telling the customer. If you are ok with it, no problem... I am just frustrated while realizing that I payed maybe 20 dollars for stuff I could easily avoid if EW played according to rules common for everyday life.
Making excuses for a way a company conducts itself is never the way to go. In fact, we should all be complaining day in, day out - that's how you get things fixed as well as a boycott on all sales until issues are resolved so don't feel bad when you raise perfectly valid and reasonable points - the answers you get are unreasonable and when I hear things like "They're about making money" I just look at companies like BIS or Valve and see how they manage to do MUCH better than these guys. If EW are so strapped for cash, I'd say their business model is flawed and to anyone saying "they know their business" I'd point them to Blockbuster who "knew their business" and knew it so well, they made a decision which ultimately collapsed them (deciding not to buy Netflicks lol).

They also bring it on themselves. If they want to charge rip-off prices then they deserve the crap they get when the bogus products they sell don't work and don't get the dev time needed.

The game is amazing still with the bugs but their pricing model and attitude drives me nuts.
Paul_Goselaar
Hunter

Re: these bugs, are the ever going to be fixed?

Post by Paul_Goselaar »

something that is strange and worries me is that with almost every update, new bugs arrive, bugs which have nothing to do with the update itself. IMO this means that game is not properly tested and I think that this is unprofessional.

Return to “General Chat”