these bugs, are the ever going to be fixed?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Paul_Goselaar
Hunter

Re: these bugs, are the ever going to be fixed?

Post by Paul_Goselaar »

waiora wrote:Right now there is a list of bugs as long as my arm in the game, I buy my first tripod just now, carry it out, place it for rabbit, now i want to dismantle it and somehow i no longer have enough space in my bag?? Im only at 11.25 total weight and it apparently weighs 7.5

I mean hell at some point just stop releasing new stuff and get your game in a working order, playing with these annoying bloody bugs day in and day out is getting old.

That's not gonna happen. I assume they have a priorities list for bugs and someone there decides what is worth repairing and what is not. There are two exceptions though, if the bug makes the game unplayable (see the dogs incident) then they abandon everything and try to fix it. The second case is when there are a massive number of complaints about one bug.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

You mean like the "siren sound" bug that surfaced in the last few days making the game unpredictable/unplayable. Quite a few people are having this problem every game they play.

In before Paul says "I've never experienced that before". Glad at least 1% get to play the game with sound and not feeling like they are back working on an ambulance again.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

There is loads of bugs, but every update is just about more items in the store, im getting quite tired of it, in the past few weeks, sound bug, mallards dont float to edges, pheasants half in size when shot, pheasants dont just take off anymore but run, now they basically teleport anywhere from 3-8m before flying, some eu rabbits run around without ever heading to a burrow, animals are getting stuck on rocks more than ever, especially rabbits. And this is just ones I picked up on, the playing experience is getting worse by the day while every patch is just more variants of items already on the store.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

waiora wrote:There is loads of bugs, but every update is just about more items in the store, im getting quite tired of it, in the past few weeks, sound bug, mallards dont float to edges, pheasants half in size when shot, pheasants dont just take off anymore but run, now they basically teleport anywhere from 3-8m before flying, some eu rabbits run around without ever heading to a burrow, animals are getting stuck on rocks more than ever, especially rabbits. And this is just ones I picked up on, the playing experience is getting worse by the day while every patch is just more variants of items already on the store.
a few of my most hated bugs are the parker python 3pin sight bug its supposed to be set to 20 40 60 its actually 20 45 65,
and the animals always getting stuck on fences in settlers ive NEVER seen one single animal go around the fence they always get stuck on it :!: :!: :x
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
Smokeye
Hunter

Post by Smokeye »

I've only been in Hirsh then last few hunts but it's some new bugs I've noticed since last week. 1. Pheasants shrinking after being shot. 2. Some of the geese float above ground right above the hunters head after being shot. 3. The .22 rifle spook radius is extended back out past 100m. 4. The dog freezes up on some retrieves,it stops near the bird and just stands there looking around not responding to any commands until after the hunter retrieves that particular bird it's stuck on. I noticed the rifle and dog bug while sniping mallards a week ago. I dislike the spook radius bug worst of all mentioned of course...
Catafesta
Tracker

Post by Catafesta »

waiora wrote:There is loads of bugs, but every update is just about more items in the store, im getting quite tired of it, in the past few weeks, sound bug, mallards dont float to edges, pheasants half in size when shot, pheasants dont just take off anymore but run, now they basically teleport anywhere from 3-8m before flying, some eu rabbits run around without ever heading to a burrow, animals are getting stuck on rocks more than ever, especially rabbits. And this is just ones I picked up on, the playing experience is getting worse by the day while every patch is just more variants of items already on the store.
It's not only you that is getting tired.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

long time ago I suggested that bugged equipment should be on sale until devs fix the problem, and there should be notice in the store what the problem is. This would force them to deal with the problem quickly.

Right now you don't even know you are buying broken thing, which is crazy, and if normal laws applied to gaming industry, possibly illegal.

I wonder how devs sleep knowing they are secretly selling broken stuff.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I understand the frustration surrounding bugs. I do not experience them to the same extent as some players obviously do, which I can only attribute either to variations in hardware or the fact I am not a hardcore player. I also rarely play in multiplayer. That being said, there is no denying the existence of bugs, some of which can be extremely frustrating and very much detrimental to the sense of immersion. So I sympathise with everyone who experiences them often.

However the suggestion that bugged items should be on sale to force the developers to fix the issues quickly, is ridiculous. First off, I doubt very much that the developers are the people who need to be forced. I said once before in another post some time ago, that if Expansive Worlds was run by developers alone, we would probably have a lot of the cool new features that many community members have asked for, plus no doubt far less bugs and glitches. However the company would probably declare bankruptcy pretty quickly because making money would no longer be the main priority.

Whether we like it or not, or choose to accept it, Expansive Worlds is in the business of making money. Money which is probably being invested in other products besides theHunter. That may not be how some of us would run the company, but unfortunately we do not get decide. The only thing we can do if we do not like the game or the company, is stop paying.

It pains me to see how much energy and passion goes into some of these threads and posts. Often great posts with solid arguments and valid points. I just wish that energy could be harnessed elsewhere because none of the threads I have read have solved the problem.

Bugs are part of any evolving software application. This game is no exception and will always have bugs. We just have to hope that as time goes by, the worst ones are dealt with. However it is my opinion that the minor ones, which are often harder to reproduce, will be around for a long, long time.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

caledonianblues wrote:...
However the suggestion that bugged items should be on sale to force the developers to fix the issues quickly, is ridiculous. First off, I doubt very much that the developers are the people who need to be forced. I said once before in another post some time ago, that if Expansive Worlds was run by developers alone, we would probably have a lot of the cool new features that many community members have asked for, plus no doubt far less bugs and glitches. However the company would probably declare bankruptcy pretty quickly because making money would no longer be the main priority.
I agree with you and it is not like I am not aware of it. And while it may be ridiculous, it is how everyday life works. Or where you live broken things cost the same as normal?
It is now common practise even for big shops that are spread across the world. For example, many shops where I buy clothes offer damaged clothing for reduced price, but at every piece of clothing there is a sticker with description how is that particular piece damaged and according percentage reduction.
I find it nice for two reasons: It shows that they controlled product I am buying so I can be more sure it is OK, and that they are transparent with their business. Least but not last I really like that they rather sell it than just throwing it away to bin ;)
Even if you are buying not-new car, you don't pay full price, because it is expected that car is slightly or more damaged by previous usage.

I understand that EW is money-making business, and I have no problem with that, but I feel very frustrated when I buy something just to find out it is not working properly or at all or immersion breaking.

I bought muzzleloader without knowing it has that bullet glitch, I nearly never use it just for that. Bought pheasant caller just to find out it is not working, by reporting it I was ridiculed because I am "obviously doing something wrong". But as soon as Hoo said he has similar problem, everybody calmed down. Do you know how hard I fought just to get my ems back?

Bugs such as muzzleloader bullet glitch are well known by devs, they attempted to fix it several times, yet they are selling this item as it is everything ok with it.

And I don't want to start war here or anything, I know everybody has different standards, I am just stating that IMO it is not ok to keep selling broken things without telling the customer. If you are ok with it, no problem... I am just frustrated while realizing that I payed maybe 20 dollars for stuff I could easily avoid if EW played according to rules common for everyday life.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

The last 2 major thing i got from store is Bugged, i spent 2300em$ on mallards, and i cant hunt them in any spots i did on other servers. Then i grab a tripod and i cant pick it up unless my loadout is on like 17 weight. Thats 2900em$ wasted on buggy items where i could have feeders or something that is working as advertised.

Every patch seems to be centered around something new to sell rather than getting the major bugs under control

Return to “General Chat”