Great Debate #1: Realism vs. Fun - Choosing the Winner

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers

Who won in the Great Debate: Realism vs. Fun?

Poll ended at July 1st, 2015, 8:16 am

Knut
72%
TundraPuppy
28%

Total votes: 149
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Great Debate #1: Realism vs. Fun - Choosing the Winner

Post by Alena Rybik »

Pratze wrote:Actually this way no winner can be declared.

I have to post for Knut because realism is important for me. If I don't vote for Knut I am basically saying "i don't care for realism". I also say "I don't care about fun" which is very against what I want to vote for. If I vote for TundraPuppy I am saying "I don't care about realism" which I would never want to be quoted on and "It's all about the fun" (which would perfectly fit on good ballanced realism) but can't be voted because its in the wrong context.
As I wrote in my OP, "we're determining the winner of the debate, NOT the winning concept. Pick the one who you think managed to present his arguments in the best and most argumentative way." ;)
Pratze
Outfitter

Post by Pratze »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Pratze wrote:Actually this way no winner can be declared.

I have to post for Knut because realism is important for me. If I don't vote for Knut I am basically saying "i don't care for realism". I also say "I don't care about fun" which is very against what I want to vote for. If I vote for TundraPuppy I am saying "I don't care about realism" which I would never want to be quoted on and "It's all about the fun" (which would perfectly fit on good ballanced realism) but can't be voted because its in the wrong context.
As I wrote in my OP, "we're determining the winner of the debate, NOT the winning concept. Pick the one who you think managed to present his arguments in the best and most argumentative way."
yes I forgot about that when posting. I voted for Knut because I think he did a better job of backing his arguments. But I have to say TundraPuppy did an awsome job as well. It was pretty close!
polihunter

Post by polihunter »

Mi voto siempre para el realismo, pero también puede ir acompañado de diversión. Caza realismo con diversión, para eso es un juego.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Knut really hit it on the head- my vote is for him. His arguments were concise and well thought out. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RayJRabbit
Tracker

Post by RayJRabbit »

How about this. Instead of changing the game, add a camo set that is legendary scent, sight and sound reduction vs all species for those who want the "fun" aspect. Those who want to stay true to real hunting have no need to buy it.
Dukkers
Scout

Post by Dukkers »

Been busy in the real world and gone for a while. But God Mode Gear? Have to be careful with the comps then otherwise ok. Both sides did well but I think Knut edged out Tundra Puppy. Now to get a quick hunt in before I have to start building another website for a restaurant.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

i didn't follow that debate as i didn't understand the concept of taking 2 guys (that i respect) and let them speak for thousands . i don't want to be OT but i think that as a game TH can't be nor too realistic nor too arcade . so , i won't vote , i just love the game as it is right now :D
Urgia
Scout

Post by Urgia »

I smell difficulty levels implementation.

Time to give hardcore players their due.
Dillion1111
Scout

Post by Dillion1111 »

I voted for realism,

The game is too phony when you can shoot whole herds of animals with no effort.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

if you want realism that means 1 or 2 animals per hunting session . the game is nice like it is right now

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”