Begging.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Smella
Hunter

Re: Begging.

Post by Smella »

I've had people beg me for money or EM$. I think it happens when i join random MP hunts without really looking at it's settings - members only and min hunter score. I jump in for a quick hunt and find it's no limits. That's where I find these beggers.

To those of you that are hesitant to play MP games I feel you are missing some real fun. 1, you can start one with a members only rule and 2, set the min hunter score to a number you will learn is comfortable for you and 3, set the max players allowed to a low number like 3 maybe. You may want to write in the description that you do or do not want to hunt with someone. It's a good experience to find a good hunting partner and hunt together. I imagine using a voice software would improve this even more.

You can also find some good games in the "join" menu list with a members only and a hunter score set. But watch out, some hosts quit without warning so you need to do it a few times till you recognise the hosts name as one you know.
halcyonskys
Hunter

Post by halcyonskys »

I mostly encountered this on multiplayer. Not so often since I jacked up the min hunter score and members only. I stopped letting guest accounts on.
Be aware some of the without warnings of hosts shutting down are crashes now days. Not always the hosts fault.
Smella
Hunter

Post by Smella »

Also, and rarely, I get people who join my hosted game and tell me to start a new game where my turkey or bear or pig set up is. they don't ask, they tell me to star one now. I don't really pay attention and don't reply.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

never had such request so far . and God knows i see galores of newbies
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

JDD wrote:This happened to me few times, one time this young lad got lucky, my buddy just gave me 500em$ gift code, I gave it to him.... then he came back a couple days later, asking for something else.

Never again.

Give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk to go with it. I usually tell them they can earn em$ through filling out surveys (which is not a lie, but more a pain in the butt). If they're not willing to work for it, then they'll just have to keep bugging mom and/or dad.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

i think that enough was said about begging.
you can always report a beggar if he is bothering you, because the Games CoC doesn't allow it!

-> closing this topic now

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “General Chat”