OMG How funny

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Madman454

OMG How funny

Post by Madman454 »

Had like 6 does sleeping under my tree stand so I decided to drop down on them , I landed right on 1 she looked right at me in inches , & omg it looked like a real expression of w,t,h It was just a real HOOT :shock: :lol:
KnifeSmile
Scout

Re: OMG How funny

Post by KnifeSmile »

That must have been priceless. XD I had a funny moment today myself... I was hunting Hirschfelden with a friend in MP. We had been visiting his pig feeder and shooting boar. I forget exactly what point of the hunt this happened - I think it was after the hogs stopped coming and we decided to move to his goose blind to shoot geese instead. If so, I was either on my way to the tent to switch out my crossbow and Raptor for my shotgun and as much birdshot as possible, or on my way to the blind after switching my gear out. In any event I was going through some light woods on the very edge of a field and I heard a flapping sound. I had just spooked a pheasant, very close by. I wasn't interested in shooting it - I haven't really tried pheasant hunting yet - but I turned automatically to see where it was just in case it presented an opportune shot too good to pass up.

I didn't see it, and didn't see it, and didn't see it. But the flapping noise just kept going and going. It actually stopped for a moment and then began to go again, as if the sound file had ended and replayed in a loop. The sound looped a third time before I figured out what was going on. I had to look straight up to find the thing... because it was stuck in the tree I was standing next to.

Now, I've heard of this game's pathfinding issues before. I have never seen a deer or anything else get stuck before, but I know it happens. But to see a pheasant flying in place in a nest of tree branches... I giggled in a very unmanly way. For several minutes. I couldn't help it. I would've shot it out of pity if the branches weren't in the way.

Eventually the sound stopped looping even though the bird was still flying in the tree. I just left it there and moved on. I wish I could've gotten a picture of it, it was great.

Return to “General Chat”