450Ems for one shot. Speaking of Missions.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: 450Ems for one shot. Speaking of Missions.

Post by DHRifleman »

Missions were created as a sort of training so the player would learn the game by doing. This method doesn't do that, it just trains players on how to exploit the code. It has evolved into a way of earning gm$, and no longer a training tool.

Now if this is how EW wants it, that is fine since they make the rules, but to have it entered in the bug section with an assigned number, and then to tell players to exploit it, just goes against the CoC of the game.
It comes down to do as I say, not as I do.
What kind of message does it send when staff actually promote breaking the rules then themselves created?

The easiest fix would be to comment on the bug report saying it is a game feature, and close it. But then again it would mean removing one more thing that helps with the sale of the weapon.

Probably what will happen is the entire issue it will slip through the cracks.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

DHRifleman wrote:Missions were created as a sort of training so the player would learn the game by doing.
My take is that missions were created to motivate players to buy stuff.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

And that as well, and why not needing to do so is counter productive.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Knut wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Missions were created as a sort of training so the player would learn the game by doing.
My take is that missions were created to motivate players to buy stuff.
No Knut, my friend. In this instance, Tom is right. The missions were created (at least the early missions) were created by Emote Games (not EW) and were meant as training tools. The missions were actually part of sets given to you by other EHR Staff members (yes, Doc wasn't always alone) and each had a specialty in certain species. There was King for Whitetails, Jazz for Coyotes, Honeybee for Mule Deer, and Drumstick for Turkey. They were all dropped (fired LMAO) when EW took over. But, the missions were not always about the almighty bill as they are now.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Ok, I should've specified: the missions in their current form. For me there is quite a difference between the idea of missions being implemented as a part of the game initially and all current mission sets being created.
(and btw.: Doc isn't alone now, either. Strictly speaking... There are other characters involved in the missions' background stories)
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I knew you were referring to the current reasons for missions Knut, and why I answered how I did.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

I agree that it is counterintuitive from EW's side.
However, the mission requirement situation has in my eyes become too much and I appreciate that EW has decided to allow this loophole to be used.
But I agree with you, that communication is suboptimal to say the best.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Maybe EW can clarify whether this is no longer considered a bug, and an acceptable solution to completing weapon specific missions without needing to purchase a weapon to do it.
Does this also work for animal and weapon achievement totals as well? If so you could hunt in the elite comps while never actually killing one of those animals. Or inflate you HS the same way.
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

In comps, the award goes to who shot the animal, not who harvests it.
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

But depending on how many harvests are credited to you, is what comp you hunt in. Starter (under 50), intermediate (50 to 500), and elite (over 500)

Return to “General Chat”