450Ems for one shot. Speaking of Missions.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DarkLord
Scout

Re: 450Ems for one shot. Speaking of Missions.

Post by DarkLord »

DHRifleman wrote:If it isn't a bug, then why was it approved and put into the bug section?
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=50835
That thread is 16 months old, which is prior to when they started requiring approval for bug reports (if memory serves). It is also not formatted properly so it never would have been approved in the first place. If it is a bug, then players would have been awarded GM through exploitation, and it surely would have been fixed by now.

I maintain that is a feature, not a bug, but we'll have to wait for a dev to confirm it.
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

DHRifleman wrote:If it isn't a bug, then why was it approved and put into the bug section?
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=50835
I agree with DarkLord. It has been mentioned there, but not approved.

So that doesn't allow for any conclusion, unfortunately.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

It is currently April 23, 2015, The bug reports section was changed to approval system on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 am
It was posted on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:21 am, and it is in the bug reports section which all post in that section need to be approved before it is posted.
I do think when the approval system was started the section was completely gone over to eliminate old ones that no longer applied.
Last edited by DHRifleman on April 23rd, 2015, 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

Like I said, I doubt EW would give away free GM due to a bug.
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Well it looks like they are since that was approved after the change was made to the bug report system.
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=50305

And what staff told the players to use this method to circumvent the purchase of equipment to complete achievements?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

If it would be fully and correctly approved, a bug report number would've been added to the title.
And still that doesn't mean that the developers agree that it's a bug, but just that the forum team considered it worthy to go into the bug database
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
nanders
Scout

Post by nanders »

Might been a bug they long ago. Now forgot about or don't care about. Kinda like the one with 3 screens.
Might even call it a feature :)

thehunter Profile | Referral Link | #1114 you were the greatest bug, now you are just a feature.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

If I recall correctly it was Alena, but my memory often fails so take that with a grain of salt.
homk
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Knut wrote:If it would be fully and correctly approved, a bug report number would've been added to the title.
And still that doesn't mean that the developers agree that it's a bug, but just that the forum team considered it worthy to go into the bug database
Well I did forget about the number that EW gives the bugs on approval by them.
Yet this one that does have a number is pretty much the same issue
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=53293 That one is from Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:01 am
So it is acknowledge as a bug (has a number), yet the staff instructs users to use the exploit which is against the game rules.
If it is no longer being considered as a bug, then it should be shown as such in the bug section as fixed AKA non issue, or the exploit should not be used, and EW staff should not promote using it.
Knoxx
Tracker

Post by Knoxx »

What I think would be better is allowing you to assign guest weapons in your reserve. To do this they could have people who own a weapon maybe possibly buy a second one that could be loaned to guests in your reserve. I don't know the maximum players on a reserve but one extra weapon and scope would serve all seven guests. This way if you wanted a long bow only reserve people would not have to purchase it to hunt on your reserve.

This would also help with these weapon specific missions.

Return to “General Chat”