noobs with guns..

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Re: noobs with guns..

Post by hunterPRO1 »

Radamus wrote:HunterPro, Here's how it is, when you open the door to the general public imagine youre just like the sliding doors at Walmart- Do you really want to get to know every one of them that walks in? :lol:
I have seen others say they will put in some kind of a minimum HS, like 100 or so. At least they have put some effort into learning at that point. That's what I've done a little of in the past and I've never had a bad experience, all cool people but lord knows there have been a lot of posts like yours. Develop a friends list and just leave it open to people you've had a good experience with.
ive done this before and I knowif I leave its not like everyone who joins will going to be a expert hunter or a nice person and all but... ppl should atleast use some common sense just seems like ppl think the deer want to die trust me they don't and seriously whats the pint of random firing in mp if u want to shoot in the air make a sp game
so many times someone shoots at nothing and I tell them not to and they start to ask why or just keep shooting
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

The reason they do that in an MP hunt is because they think it is funny. If you set no limits to who can join, you will have it happen, and once they see it bothers you, they will join every chance they get, just for that reason. The ones that join your hunts and hunt respectfully, and the way you do, ask them to be friends. After a while you will have a good list, and you can set it to friends list only.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I don't hunt MP often, for the reasons stated. Recently, I've started compiling a list as you suggest DHR. Once, I was in a MP game because the host had a tent in VDB where I can't access. I wanted to see what it was like "up there". I stalked hard for quite a while on a trophy Ibex billy. He was just beyond a rock. I was prone and slowly crawling. This guy came out of nowhere, hitting the F key, no weapon or HM in his hand. Spooked my trophy. When I asked him why he did that, his reply was "this is a public server, if you don't like it you can leave." His hunter score was zero. They walk among us. Unfortunately.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

DHRifleman wrote:The reason they do that in an MP hunt is because they think it is funny. If you set no limits to who can join, you will have it happen, and once they see it bothers you, they will join every chance they get, just for that reason. The ones that join your hunts and hunt respectfully, and the way you do, ask them to be friends. After a while you will have a good list, and you can set it to friends list only.
stancomputerhunter wrote:I don't hunt MP often, for the reasons stated. Recently, I've started compiling a list as you suggest DHR. Once, I was in a MP game because the host had a tent in VDB where I can't access. I wanted to see what it was like "up there". I stalked hard for quite a while on a trophy Ibex billy. He was just beyond a rock. I was prone and slowly crawling. This guy came out of nowhere, hitting the F key, no weapon or HM in his hand. Spooked my trophy. When I asked him why he did that, his reply was "this is a public server, if you don't like it you can leave." His hunter score was zero. They walk among us. Unfortunately.
my servers have written rules tho but nobody follows them or even reads them for that matter
I haven't started a mp game for a while because of that ppl just will not read the rules or description ive asked ppl before did they read the rules and answer is always the same no
and ppl doing that because they think its funny and coming every chance they get could be stopped if ban worked
one time I had 3 ppl all over 300hs start shooting like crazy within 300m of me at nothing so its not actually just the new players when i tried banning them they kept coming back and doing the exact same thing
Spoiler:
Kniven
Tracker

Post by Kniven »

Just posted this in Tip of the week:

A tip for those who want to play multiplayer but are worried that someone who haven't learned how to behave yet - especially around other hunters (running, firing etc). Maybe you want other players to join you to have a chat but don't want to hunt together, at least not until you know your fellow hunter and her/his skills. Spawn at your tent far away from other spawn points then place it in your backpack. Other players are forced to spawn in a comfortable distance from yourself. Then you have plenty time to monitor their skillz. If they sprinting 1500m towards your location you will know...
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

Start or join multiplayer with minimum hunting score set to at least 10-30. That rules out most of the idiots.
Last edited by vittring on April 2nd, 2015, 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

vittring wrote:Start or join multiplayer with minimum hunting score set to at least 1-30. That rules out most of the idiots.
trust me it doesn't all they have to do is run for like 5min to get 1 hs
probably the best thing to go is set it to 40min hunterscore and no more than 4 players
Spoiler:
jdogg420
Scout

Post by jdogg420 »

the games i noticed this happened to me in i hosted the game and forgot to put members only so what was really happening was guests were scaring the animals and doing stupid stuff, not the actual members who payed to play. trust me thsi makes a big difference, now dont get me wrong, members will do it but just ban them from game. u can always track and recall the animal. dont be discouraged. the community at large is cool.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

jdogg420 wrote:the games i noticed this happened to me in i hosted the game and forgot to put members only so what was really happening was guests were scaring the animals and doing stupid stuff, not the actual members who payed to play. trust me thsi makes a big difference, now dont get me wrong, members will do it but just ban them from game. u can always track and recall the animal. dont be discouraged. the community at large is cool.
I always put members only I was in a server that (apparently) wasn't
and the problem with banning them is that the ban button doesn't work it just kicks ppl so I cant
and yes I agree it a great community :)
Spoiler:
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

If i really don't care to hunt i open up loggers and let the noobs war begin. If i want to hunt my barrels and feeders i lock it with a PW if you know it you welcome to join any time :D Way Way to many bad experiences with noobs i kick and they keep coming back so i quit the game and lock it down. You can put members only and a score limit i put score limit at 300 by 300people should know how to hunt by now :D :D

Return to “General Chat”