theHunter Store Reviews

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: theHunter Store Reviews

Post by caledonianblues »

Never going to happen.
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Great idea and nice job on putting all this together.

If i may suggest something : the white text on the black background makes it really difficult to read the comments after a little in the reviews sections, especially when it's more than a few lines of text, you read a couple of reviews having a dozen of lines then the high contrast between the white and black starts to hurt a bit the eyes, maybe it is only me for who this happens tho.

Having a different gray shade for the reviews text itself will probably help avoid this high contrast issues, again it's maybe only me who have this problem so don't bother much with this, the rest is really well done.

Thanks for putting all this together.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

K4n4y wrote:If i may suggest something : the white text on the black background makes it really difficult to read the comments after a little in the reviews sections, especially when it's more than a few lines of text, you read a couple of reviews having a dozen of lines then the high contrast between the white and black starts to hurt a bit the eyes, maybe it is only me for who this happens tho.
It's not just you. A lot of people (including me) have similar problems with Steam after long-term exposure. I'm going to have a theme toggle at the top soon, which will allow users to toggle between a dark and light theme. Dark being the current theme, light being something of an inverted colour scheme (white background with dark grey or black fonts).

Thanks for the feedback.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Congratulations David, and thank you for a great idea which has turned into a valuable library of reference and assistance for all of us. I know you have put in a lot of hours or preparation and research, and I'd just like to say Thank You! :D
Spoiler:
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Usually when i really need to read thing on such contrasted websites i use Opera12 in-built features able to switch contrasts and few other things for better visibility, it's not perfect and often break a bit the layout of the website but it's better than nothing, switching themes option will be really nice , thanks a lot and good continuation.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Swampfox wrote:Congratulations David, and thank you for a great idea which has turned into a valuable library of reference and assistance for all of us. I know you have put in a lot of hours or preparation and research, and I'd just like to say Thank You! :D
Thank you, but actually most of the hard work was done by the community members who wrote the reviews and made the videos!
SgtScope

Post by SgtScope »

Wow, good work there caledonianblues, looks very clean and easy to navigate.

A site like this will be very useful for newer hunters such as myself that want to buy a new weapon or gear and not sure exactly what to get. I actually did use your "Store Item Review" when purchasing my .300 bolt action but this site will help with future additions to my hunting cache ;)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

SgtScope wrote:I actually did use your "Store Item Review" when purchasing my .300 bolt action but this site will help with future additions to my hunting cache ;)
Glad to hear the reviews helped with your purchase :)
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Great job!!!
Thank you :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Very nicely done David! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki