Plenty of Room for New Animals on BR!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Re: Plenty of Room for New Animals on BR!

Post by Bonaventura »

Axis deer would be nice, or fallow. Since they are modifications of existing deer, they shouldn't be at all difficult to create.
If they don't add them, this will be our very first reserve without a representative of the antlered species. Somewhat sad.
My season stats
Spoiler:
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

cajunman45 wrote::D Yep i went on a long long walkabout :D Very nice scenery looks like Arizona all we need is pronghorns :D
Not to Hijack this topic, but BR could easily to changed to a desert map. This map looks
similar to an area about 1 1/2 miles nw of Phoenix, AZ known as Sedona.

I agree, I hope the Devs add or replace the foxes or pigs (or both), with Dingos and Axis Deer.
I'd be a happy camper with any of the suggested new animals. ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Only had a short time in it last night, the place is huge. Lots of room for another animal.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RayJRabbit
Tracker

Post by RayJRabbit »

Axis of Fallow Deer is a MUST! Can't NOT have a deer in this beautiful reserve.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Layla Ravenclaw wrote:I hope they add dingos to that site. Foxes seems a bit wrong to me in australia. Red foxes i mean. So far i know gives a kind of dessert fox in australia. And where are the emus and other birds? Or a Wombat?
The red fox is very common here. Albeit, yet another introduced species. Their numbers are in somewhat of a decline to rabbit Calici virus wiping out large areas of rabbit populations but they are quite happy chewing on vulnerable native species. They are still happily targeted as vermin to contain growth. (I used to make a lot of money back when pelts fetched $20-$35 each more than 30 years ago.)

Dingos are less prolific and in a lot of cases their "nativieness" (if I can use that word) is being eroded by feral dog populations. Add a 2000+ km long Dogfence to keep them out of SE Australia and some of their best habitat is gone. They are not a threatened species but some conservation groups want them red listed. (Probably because they can't see them walking on their back lawn in suburbia. ;) )

Wombats? Hate 'em. So called "cute", squat blocks of iron nuggets that will decimate the underside of your car if you hit one! They make a huge mess of farming land but... as most native species are... culling is carefully controlled.

Emus are pretty benign unless chased and apart from eggs for artworks, very little benefit to harvest. Emu meat is oily and... disgusting.

Strangely (or maybe not so), the species in BR are introduced species anyway, except the roo of course. Anything else "beneficial" to shoot would also have to be an introduced species.

Unless we start... shooting koalas :o
Lenkos
Scout

Post by Lenkos »

With the waterering holes, we could have Buffallo.
Bitzer676
Spotter

Post by Bitzer676 »

some how I dont see us being able to shoot a donkey or horse haha. But I would totally take wild/feral cattle! if we cant have buffalo, cattle are fine by me! I dont know if anyone has heard of Pigman the Series, but he has an episode of hunting wild bovine.
EclipseStar
Hunter

Post by EclipseStar »

Bitzer676 wrote:

some how I dont see us being able to shoot a donkey or horse haha. But I would totally take wild/feral cattle! if we cant have buffalo, cattle are fine by me! I dont know if anyone has heard of Pigman the Series, but he has an episode of hunting wild bovine.
What is wrong with water buffalo? It fits perfectly.
RayJRabbit
Tracker

Post by RayJRabbit »

Water Buffalo would be amazing
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

pheonixflames wrote:My guess is that the next species will be the deadly Drop bear.
Watch the trees! :lol:
+1 :lol:
homk

Return to “General Chat”