Download Speed.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Re: Download Speed.

Post by ChrisMK72 »

What ever you've done. Don't touch it again ;-)

Looks good. I have 18% now.

Edit: Ok, it's slower again now. Goes up and down all the time. But now i have sometimes peaks of 200-300 KB/s. So that it loads at least something.

20%.

Ok, just had a peak over 370KB/s.

It loads. It loads slow, but it loads.

23% now.

I would still recommend steam. ;-) I mean in steam i have 700+KB/s all the time, without drop. Here i have 0 to 200-300 in peaks.

But ok, it's loading.

But another thing: Why do i have a 600MB patch here, and in steam it was 1,1 GB ? Is the web launcher in 2 packages ?

Ok, around 30% now. Now slower again. Dropped to 0 again.

It stopped.

It still totally stopped.

Ok, i do one thing now :

Deinstall the web version.

It just doesn't work good enough for me. Sry.
I have steam, so why should i keep struggling with the web version ?
Last edited by ChrisMK72 on February 27th, 2015, 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
lisarob
Hunter

Post by lisarob »

no Alena, thanks for your efforts, but the situation is not getting any better. This morning I had from 0 to 7 kb/s, so i quit. With your update, 20 minutes ago I tried, the situation is a bit better, very little improvements, now from 0 to 400 kb/s, but only a spike of one second, then it drops to 0 again. I think we are just too many. I think I'll renounce to the free weekend for the kangaroo and try again on monday. If I want to hunt something I'll need the membership, but at least I'll manage to see the reserve. sorry Alena, but 650 Mb with this speed is a monster-update
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

haha, Just started my steam version and saw that there is a new patch around 5MB ? It loaded in 5 seconds.
lisarob
Hunter

Post by lisarob »

an info, excuse me, if I use steam, am i allowed, if I want one day, to download a certain update from the official site?
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

lisarob wrote:an info, excuse me, if I use steam, am i allowed, if I want one day, to download a certain update from the official site?
Why should you want to do this ?
My friend tries since yesterday evening to download the web version. No success.

But to answer it: The versions are different, so the web launcher version doesn't update automatically the steam version.

That's why i just deinstalled the web launcher, and can still play with the steam version.

btw: I think it's really sad what happens here.
lisarob
Hunter

Post by lisarob »

ok thanks, and my profile is kept the same, obviously? :)
I'm trying with steam and really there is huge improvements, 700 kb/s, no drops, unbelievable we are talking of the same game, 0 kb/s constant on the web version
EDIT: 815 KB/S and it keeps going up :) it's official, the site with these kinds of updates it's officially dead :(
Last edited by lisarob on February 27th, 2015, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

lisarob wrote:ok thanks, and my profile is kept the same, obviously? :)
Yes. It's the same game. Everything is the same. Everything you ever bought over the web, you have in steam too. Automatically, because it's only one game.

lisarob wrote: it's official, the site with these kinds of updates it's officially dead :(
Not the site pls. Only the web launcher ;-)

And nice to see your new download speeds. It should be downloaded in no time, vs. the web version.

I hope that "the site" will still exist in 10 years. :)
boergoat

Post by boergoat »

Mine is slow as well 0 to 98 kbs had it loading all night this morning it is at 42% done I think this is silly they need to do the patches a little at a time instead of over loading at one time all I can say is I pay to play not to sit for days waiting for over sized loads and patches how about you :x
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

It's somehow a strange feeling to have the web launcher deinstalled the first time, since over 2 years.

But i just see it optimistic, as an improvement of the hunter, that i use it with steam only now.

Somehow i have to be optimistic. :-)

It's better than before, so it's an improvement.
khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

Alena Rybik wrote:We've made another fix. Can you please restart the launcher and check again?
Just tryied 2 times, nope, still goes from 0 to 50... but it seems to linger more inbetween 30 and 50... it even jumped to 600 here and there... but only for a moment...
Oh well, patience... i'm by 77%... can only take another hour :|

Return to “General Chat”