Medical Kits

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: Medical Kits

Post by DonderDeer »

Yep, getting up and running is a very good method to avoid being attacked in the first place. It just won't help you if you run off a cliff! :D
homk
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

It's interesting how different people have different experiences with this bug. I've only been hurt 4-5 times in the last few months, but I was able to heal/fast travel every time except once. And that one time was when I had a rifle in my hand rather than the HM.
Personal Bests...
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

I will go test this right now. Results pending. Watch this space.

Ok, here's the results:

fall with nothing in hands, able to use medikit
fall with hm in hands, able to use medikit
fall with weapon in hands, able to use medikit
fall with caller in hands, able to use medikit

Just another random and more frequently happening bug. I guess.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

MudBug wrote:I will go test this right now. Results pending. Watch this space.

Ok, here's the results:

The key thing is that you can't have medikit in your inventry :D So your testing was pointless... (My understanding is that there are people who experienced this with medikits in their inventories, but generally you should not have medikit to experience this bug)
MrLokk
Tracker

Post by MrLokk »

maros.kuzar wrote:
MudBug wrote:I will go test this right now. Results pending. Watch this space.

Ok, here's the results:

The key thing is that you can't have medikit in your inventry :D So your testing was pointless... (My understanding is that there are people who experienced this with medikits in their inventories, but generally you should not have medikit to experience this bug)
I'm hoping your just playing around with this comment. Because if you are not playing around it makes no sense at all.
Medikits are needed in your inventory because thats the whole point of the bug is not being able to use medikits. Anyways...... dot dot dot.
I have only really experienced this bug in MP. Cant use medikit or fast travel to lodge to heal. And everytime that I have had this bug happen to me I had nothing in my hands because I always holster. I have never had this problem in SP.I am guessing something with lag. Thats why I dont play MP anymore. It needs to be reworked.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

MrLokk wrote: I'm hoping your just playing around with this comment. Because if you are not playing around it makes no sense at all.
Medikits are needed in your inventory because thats the whole point of the bug is not being able to use medikits. Anyways...... dot dot dot.
I have only really experienced this bug in MP. Cant use medikit or fast travel to lodge to heal. And everytime that I have had this bug happen to me I had nothing in my hands because I always holster. I have never had this problem in SP.I am guessing something with lag. Thats why I dont play MP anymore. It needs to be reworked.
No I am not. Original bug is that your game kind of "freeze" when you are wounded and don't have medikit in your inventory. You can usually access map, but no icons are presented and no matter what keys on your keyboard you are hitting, game does nothing :)

If you have roblem with your medikit, it is a differend bug I guess :)

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=59580 this is the bug I am talking about :)

EDIT: I see that whole misunderstanding is my fault, sorry for that :roll:
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

I actually am unable to heal if I DO have a medicalkit, and am also unable to fast travel whether I do have one or don't.
This may be different for other people, but yeah. Whether or not I have a medical kit, I'm SOL.
homk
BrandonH
Tracker

Post by BrandonH »

I never have medkits but if i fall i can fast travel but if i am attacked by a animal i can not fast travel. My results only really come from having a rifle in my hand be cause i normally try to kill whats charging me. if the animal gets to me first i have to Alt+F4 end hunt to get out
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Happens in SP, and I have fallen, and been attacked, and it doesn't bring up the menu when pushing the e key, and I am forced to close game through windows.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

Sounds like yet another thing in the game is bugged. Imagine that and go figure..... :roll:

Return to “General Chat”