Medical Kits

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JhacobTroster
Scout

Medical Kits

Post by JhacobTroster »

So what is the success rate of using a med kit after an animal attack. Every attack me or my wife has taken results in a control alt delete and restart game. Is anyone able to use the kits? Is there any more point to carrying one except for falls?
chewik
Outfitter

Re: Medical Kits

Post by chewik »

this is bug. You can use medkit, if You are holding HM, binos or caller in the hand. in case of holding weapon => Ctrl+Alt+Del.
JhacobTroster
Scout

Post by JhacobTroster »

Stay calm and hit Tab or number slots 4 and above. Got it. Tough for me I always **** myself trying to do something fast the first few dozen times. :lol:
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

JhacobTroster wrote:Is anyone able to use the kits? Is there any more point to carrying one except for falls?
Nope, not at present.
But I can assure you self-heal used to work fine in the past. Even if you didn't have a medkit on you, there would still be the option to be teleported to a lodge.

I fail to understand why this should be so difficult to fix that it takes ages for the team to do it.
Doesn't really make a good impression on new customers if they keep encountering completely bugged features that all have a history of once working fine ...
My season stats
Spoiler:
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

JhacobTroster wrote:Stay calm and hit Tab or number slots 4 and above. Got it. Tough for me I always **** myself trying to do something fast the first few dozen times. :lol:
I don't think that's what Chewik meant to say. If you hold HM or binocs while being assaulted seems to be the point here. Not to switch to them when already down. Last time I had a deadly encounter with a bear not a single key on the whole keyboard seemed to work.
Last edited by Bonaventura on February 22nd, 2015, 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
My season stats
Spoiler:
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Bonaventura wrote:
JhacobTroster wrote:Stay calm and hit Tab or number slots 4 and above. Got it. Tough for me I always **** myself trying to do something fast the first few dozen times. :lol:
I don't think that's what Chewik meant to say. If you hold HM or binocs while being assaulted seems to be the point here. Not to switch to them when already down. Last time I had a deadly encounter with a bear not a single key on the whole keyboard seemed to work.
I second this: Numerous people tested this (me included) and there seems to be no relation between bug and what are you holding.
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

maros.kuzar wrote:I second this: Numerous people tested this (me included) and there seems to be no relation between bug and what are you holding.
Do you mean to say that when we get assaulted by an animal switching to the HM before it reaches us will not work?
My season stats
Spoiler:
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

That is correct, Bona. I have tested this bug thoroughly and (at least on my end) what you are holding and how you are injured (animal attack, falling) has no correlation. I simply can't heal or fast travel at all. A fall or an attack spells the end of my hunt.
homk
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

Bonaventura wrote:
JhacobTroster wrote:Is anyone able to use the kits? Is there any more point to carrying one except for falls?
Nope, not at present.
But I can assure you self-heal used to work fine in the past. Even if you didn't have a medkit on you, there would still be the option to be teleported to a lodge.

I fail to understand why this should be so difficult to fix that it takes ages for the team to do it.
Doesn't really make a good impression on new customers if they keep encountering completely bugged features that all have a history of once working fine ...
What he said :roll:

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
JhacobTroster
Scout

Post by JhacobTroster »

So now Im hearing it doesnt matter what you are holding at the moment of attack, injured means start new hunt. And I already knew once down nothing worked, no keyboard combo or anything. What seemed to work a few days ago was running away zig zagging thru the trees. A feral was charging up the hill but I think it was luck more than anything I got away. I tried to draw a bead on the hog but gave up and ran.

Return to “General Chat”