Why are there still no sliders for sound?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Shnikies
Hunter

Why are there still no sliders for sound?

Post by Shnikies »

This is a PC game the year is 2015 and there still are no sliders for sound in this game?? The wind is deafening, the rain is deafening, my footsteps are deafening and its driving me crazy. Why something as simple as sliders aren't in a PC game is beyond my understanding. Is it the fact that they want you to be deaf while your hunting so you cant hear anything but the wind. By the way the wind sounds like a locomotive rushing past you. Like a tornado in the distance. I don't know why I keep coming back to this game when little things like this aren't even addressed. I guess its because this is the only hunting game that's even remotely worth playing but after a few hours of standing next to the train tracks I just cant take it anymore.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Re: Why are there still no sliders for sound?

Post by Mrmr123 »

Add to the annoying sounds, the breathing sound when running, i hate it so much, it makes me feel tired as if i am the one running :D
Lem
Scout

Post by Lem »

simple. because if you could tweak the sounds people would have ambient sound off and animals cues on max. the options for players then are let the opposition in comps have an advantage or make the came less enjoyable to still be competitive. not gonna happen.

i alos think this kind of advantage needs sorting for rabbit comps. the rate of success is way higher with graphics on low. you can see the horrible quality of the animal on this setting and miss them on max.

saying that i think many aspects of the audio need tweaking. the rain, footsteps, reindeer rattle and kar98 being the one that spring to mind.
M0UNTAINMAN
Scout

Post by M0UNTAINMAN »

Lem wrote:simple. because if you could tweak the sounds people would have ambient sound off and animals cues on max. the options for players then are let the opposition in comps have an advantage or make the came less enjoyable to still be competitive. not gonna happen.

i alos think this kind of advantage needs sorting for rabbit comps. the rate of success is way higher with graphics on low. you can see the horrible quality of the animal on this setting and miss them on max.

saying that i think many aspects of the audio need tweaking. the rain, footsteps, reindeer rattle and kar98 being the one that spring to mind.
I really don't think that animal cue sounds on max would make that much of a difference in comps. It's not like they'd be amplified where you'd hear them from farther away. The huntermate flashes on all audio cues so if you have the hm out you'll likely not miss it even in the hurricane squalls. I guess the one advantage would be with approaching waterfowl. Easy enough, don't make animal sounds adjustable or give the ability to completely turn off sounds. It's mainly weather and ambient sounds that are the issue.

I just got a 7.1 headset and tried my luck at duck hunting recently, but was met by a tropical storm that blew in from the gulf. I couldn't believe how earsplitting loud the rain was with the same volume and settings I use everywhere else. Couldn't continue because it was giving me a headache. Couldn't hear, or see, ducks anyway.
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeman »

M0UNTAINMAN wrote: I just got a 7.1 headset and tried my luck at duck hunting recently, but was met by a tropical storm that blew in from the gulf. I couldn't believe how earsplitting loud the rain was with the same volume and settings I use everywhere else. Couldn't continue because it was giving me a headache. Couldn't hear, or see, ducks anyway.
This is allso my experience with using headphones in this game. There are a big difference (soundwise) in playing the game on loudspeekers and using headphones....

Using the normal loudspeekers the sound is okey and gives no problem, - but with headphones the lound level is way too high.... So why not just turn down the sound in your settings ? ?

Becourse you allso turn down the animal/clue sound and and the soundlevel in skype, or what you use to communicate with your frinds..

I dont think the answer is to implement sliders to adjust the sound... I think there should be an option in game settings to choose between headphones and loudspeekers... with 2 different sound file levels..
So when you set up your game specifications you choose playing with headphones or not..

This way there is no need to change anything in the game/weathersystem/gameplay...
The settings just choose another sound file when ticking of "headphones" in settings.

As it is now the sound in the game is optimized to play the game using loudspeakers and the sound is very good and rain and wind sound is no problem.

The game allso need to be optimized to be played using headphones....
The use of headphones is mutch prefered after multiplayer was inplemented and the use of voicetalk became so big a part of playing the game.

Just my opinion..

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
Adolamin
Tracker

Post by Adolamin »

Hawkeman wrote: This is allso my experience with using headphones in this game. There are a big difference (soundwise) in playing the game on loudspeekers and using headphones....

Using the normal loudspeekers the sound is okey and gives no problem, - but with headphones the lound level is way too high.... So why not just turn down the sound in your settings ? ?

Becourse you allso turn down the animal/clue sound and and the soundlevel in skype, or what you use to communicate with your frinds..

I dont think the answer is to implement sliders to adjust the sound... I think there should be an option in game settings to choose between headphones and loudspeekers... with 2 different sound file levels..
So when you set up your game specifications you choose playing with headphones or not..

This way there is no need to change anything in the game/weathersystem/gameplay...
The settings just choose another sound file when ticking of "headphones" in settings.

As it is now the sound in the game is optimized to play the game using loudspeakers and the sound is very good and rain and wind sound is no problem.

The use of headphones is mutch prefered after multiplayer was inplemented and the use of voicetalk became so big a part of playing the game.

Just my opinion..
I agree with this completely, I noticed the same things when I started using headphones. In most cases you can't even hear what your friend is trying to say to you when it is raining.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Hawkeman wrote:
M0UNTAINMAN wrote: I just got a 7.1 headset and tried my luck at duck hunting recently, but was met by a tropical storm that blew in from the gulf. I couldn't believe how earsplitting loud the rain was with the same volume and settings I use everywhere else. Couldn't continue because it was giving me a headache. Couldn't hear, or see, ducks anyway.
This is allso my experience with using headphones in this game. There are a big difference (soundwise) in playing the game on loudspeekers and using headphones....

Just my opinion..
I agree 100%.......I think the problem is that when using headphones, which I assume many, if not most, people do now, the ambient sounds are no longer ambient, they are right in your ears !!!
Personal Bests...
EclipseStar
Hunter

Post by EclipseStar »

Yes please add this the, 'rain' sound in the hunter isn't normal temperate climate type rain but ridiculous monsoon style torrential downpours...

THIS +9000
Shnikies
Hunter

Post by Shnikies »

Glad people agree with me on this I was expecting opposition. I 100% agree on headphones being the cause but I am not willing to put away my audio technicas. I want to be able to hear loud cracking gunshots my headset makes them sound very realistic but it also amplifies the wind the rain and the bugs to excruciating levels. Not expecting a change but man it would be nice.
Braylin50
Tracker

Post by Braylin50 »

I would like to see a way to turn down ambient sounds. I use headphones and the constant bird chirping in wooded areas can drive a man mad.

Return to “General Chat”