New Stambecco Rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: New Stambecco Rifle

Post by Deconstructed »

So far so good.
Gooseman81
Outfitter

Post by Gooseman81 »

Then why do we have branded R8's, F3's, Anschützes, Parker Python's among other licensed stuff? Shouldn't everything be unbranded if it was as simple as that?
its not simple as that, there is the fact that modeled weapons increase the feel and immersion of the game, but if you want to make an weapon some what fast it is mutch easyer to let you inspire by a real wepon and make your own version of it...

so you dont have to:

- ask the amnufacturer if you may use there copyright
- show you renders to the manufactorer and wait for its okay to release it
- dont need to follow the manufatorers desing policy (aka colors, combination for wood and sutch stuff)

in addition you also (like non of us know) if Blaser,anschütz,aimpoint etc, gave them the copyright for the whole prend or ony just for this specific item...

believe me bub, there is nothing as complicated in desing as copyright and CR-infringement matters...

besides this that part of the PN Alena sent me as the gun came out...
Alena Rybik wrote:Hi Goos... I just wanted to let you know that we've just released a new rifle, and I thought you'd like it ;) At least the design is based on Blaser K 95 Stutzen you so much wanted to have in the game.Here it is: http://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/374/quote]
Milic
Outfitter

Post by Milic »

Finally!!! Thank you devs! I have long waited for this to happen! New single shot looks beautiful and sound great! Amazing job!

I feel very proud because I am just one of the few guys who has been pushing a lot for this to happen. I hope that we will get the other rifles also. I primarly mean on double rifle, over-and-under double rifle (this can be same caliber in both barrels), double barreled combinations (for example over-and-under rifle/shotgun combination), drilling.

Here are a couple of my topics about that:

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=54413

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=40568
ChrisBen
Scout

Post by ChrisBen »

I love it as well, was doing pretty good with it till I missed that shot on a trotting red deer hind, and the next shot I hit body as it disappeared from render range, then I lost the track in the confusion of tracks from the rest of the heard. :mrgreen: As for this animation nonsense, who walks around in the forest looking at his hands and the motion of the rifle? I'm to busy dodging trees and rocks while keeping my eyes on the animal.
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

Gooseman81 wrote:
Then why do we have branded R8's, F3's, Anschützes, Parker Python's among other licensed stuff? Shouldn't everything be unbranded if it was as simple as that?
its not simple as that, there is the fact that modeled weapons increase the feel and immersion of the game, but if you want to make an weapon some what fast it is mutch easyer to let you inspire by a real wepon and make your own version of it...

so you dont have to:

- ask the amnufacturer if you may use there copyright
- show you renders to the manufactorer and wait for its okay to release it
- dont need to follow the manufatorers desing policy (aka colors, combination for wood and sutch stuff)

in addition you also (like non of us know) if Blaser,anschütz,aimpoint etc, gave them the copyright for the whole prend or ony just for this specific item...

believe me bub, there is nothing as complicated in desing as copyright and CR-infringement matters...

besides this that part of the PN Alena sent me as the gun came out...
Alena Rybik wrote:Hi Goos... I just wanted to let you know that we've just released a new rifle, and I thought you'd like it ;) At least the design is based on Blaser K 95 Stutzen you so much wanted to have in the game.Here it is: http://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/374/quote]
As a lawyer, I know it's pretty complicated with IP-law stuff (i at least remember that much from my education even if it's not my area). I didn't know about that statement from Alena. That puts it in a bit of another light. My initial thought was that since they had already released 2 different weapons from Blaser it seems unlikely that they'd release an unbranded Blaser-copy. The process of integrating a new weapon from a specific company must be a lot easier if you've already done it before. There's an existing business relationship, etc. But I know nothing of the background here.
Gooseman81
Outfitter

Post by Gooseman81 »

it wasnt a "real"(official) statement from Alena wrote me an PN to inform me that the gun i polled for would be relased, shortley befor it was available to buy in the store...a very kiknd guesture that made me real happy :)...so this is no public statement
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

It's obvious what it is designed around of course, and I love the Mannlicher stock a lot, classic styling in modern calibers, very nice!
I too have wondered about the "trademark" aspect. Like "Nosler" for example, if I'm a marketing guy I want my product to be used because although it's just a game, it will influence some of the players in their buying decisions now, or in the future. Growing a brand is a focus to any company so a no brainer.
This game has brought my attention to Blaser firearms for example,I had heard of them before TheHunter, but I never really looked at them, or considered them. Since, and after all the cool links you guys have posted I have come to appreciate them.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ThePathfinderCZ
Scout

Post by ThePathfinderCZ »

Gooseman81 wrote:
ThePathfinderCZ wrote:I voted yes. I'm for every new weapon althrough this one is ugly IMHO. :)
^^

wherent you the guy who told this when I suggested the K95, so i think the addin of the leather done the trick for you...good job Desingers :D
Man you've got memory! :shock: Good point :) Well I'm not against full stock design, it's about details like not so dark wood colour, not full wooden stock and so on.
May all beings be happy
Dragon67
Spotter

Post by Dragon67 »

yes it really is a beautiful hunting weapon, I was waiting for years!
Milic
Outfitter

Post by Milic »

I like the new Stambecco a lot but I don't like its forestock. It doesn't look realistic. The stutzen forestock isn't something which is exclusively made by Blaser, every stutzen is made that way. Besides forestock safety looks unconvincingly, they should put the very same from 12 GA Side by side Shotgun, it would look more realistic and nicer.

About the forestock, they should change the color of the metal to wood and keep the leather inlay for Stambecco to be diferent from Blaser K95 Stutzen.

Or to make it look like this Steyr Mannlicher:

Return to “General Chat”