Spotting brown bears

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Spotting brown bears

Post by Deconstructed »

I really dunno where the vast range in scoring is coming into play. Currently have a brown bear in game spotting at 400-490 score 26-29.
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

Deconstructed wrote:Currently have a brown bear in game spotting at 400-490 score 26-29.
26-29??
Can't recall to ever have personally seen such a score range nor to have found it mentioned anywhere.
My season stats
Spoiler:
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

Bonaventura wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:Currently have a brown bear in game spotting at 400-490 score 26-29.
26-29??
Can't recall to ever have personally seen such a score range nor to have found it mentioned anywhere.

I know what he is saying 400 to 490 weight will most of the time give you a ACTUAL score between 26 to 28 and some change. I always look at weight when hunting bears in a comp. I shoot all males If 2 bears on the barrels at same time both the same score range i go to weight some times i am right some times i'm wrong with score BUT THE OTHER BEAR WILL RETURN TO BARREL AND KILL HIM TOO :D :D

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Bonaventura wrote:
26-29??
Ended up scoring 28.149 with a weight of 473kg.

Just checked your skills. You're brown bear spotting is at level 10, mine is at 11. I have found level 11 is when spotting starts to become more reliable.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

At spot level 20 it will go to 440 to 480 and 27 to 29. About 1/15 will be over 28.
Spoiler:
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

Thank you for clearing this up.
It seems obvious that differences in skill levels are the perfect explanation for the inconsistencies that puzzled me lately. It's good to know that skills actually make a big difference, because that's how it should be.
You sometimes may lose sight of this fact simply because skills - especially the spotting skill - advance quite slowly.
My season stats
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”