Spotting brown bears

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Aussiebonz

Spotting brown bears

Post by Aussiebonz »

Just wondering if anyone knows what the max spot range for brown bears is ? I thought it was 390-490kg and 24-29 but i could be wrong.
AnnieBuckshot
Tracker

Re: Spotting brown bears

Post by AnnieBuckshot »

Annie is confused.

Spot range, kilos and points.. this makes no sense to me..
ChrisBen
Scout

Post by ChrisBen »

AnnieBuckshot wrote:Annie is confused.

As your tracking skills increase in levels your huntermate displays more information.

http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php? ... king_Skill
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

And the spotting range changes as you level up as well.
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

Aussiebonz wrote:I thought it was 390-490kg and 24-29 but i could be wrong.
That's how I remember it as well from earlier times.
In the past two or three months, however, I did not see a single 24-29; they're all 23-29 now, with widely varying weights and a final score average between 24 and 26. Only one or two made it up to a low 27 score.

I started wondering whether the 24-29ers are actually still out there.
My season stats
Spoiler:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Bonaventura wrote:
In the past two or three months, however, I did not see a single 24-29; they're all 23-29 now, with widely varying weights and a final score average between 24 and 26. Only one or two made it up to a low 27 score.

They are. Look for the ones who's weight guesses 410-490kg. ;)
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Bonaventura wrote:

Well, but they would still be 23-29, not 24-29, wouldn't they?
My season stats
Spoiler:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Bonaventura wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Bonaventura wrote: That's how I remember it as well from earlier times.

Well, but they would still be 23-29, not 24-29, wouldn't they?

They COULD, technically. But, most commonly, the ones guessing 23-29 show the weight estimate "390-490kg" or "400-490kg". If you see one guessing 410-490, chances are the scoring guess will say 24-29, and when you kill that bear it will be a BEAST.
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:They COULD, technically. But, most commonly, the ones guessing 23-29 show the weight estimate "390-490kg" or "400-490kg". If you see one guessing 410-490, chances are the scoring guess will say 24-29, and when you kill that bear it will be a BEAST.
I am aware that a 24-29 with an estimated weight of 410-490 would be a monster, BnB. :)
But the question is: Did you actually see a "24-29" bear in the past 8-10 weeks - never mind the weight?
I didn't - and I presume that's what the OP is all about.

Formerly, I used to get a "24-29" in almost every second of my bear hunts, sometimes more than one in the same hunt. Those were the bears that would get your heart pounding because there was a good chance they'd put you high up in a comp. Lately, I only see masses and masses of "23-29" (between 1 and 4 in every visit to the barrels) with highly varying and often very low weight estimates and an actual score of 24 to (sometimes) 26, extremely rarely 27.
BucksNBuffalo wrote:But, most commonly, the ones guessing 23-29 show the weight estimate "390-490kg" or "400-490kg".
I'm sorry, but that does not confirm at all with my own observations. Only very few of the "23-29" bears have such high estimated weights. "Common" are maximum estimates between "-370kg" and "-420kg".
I only observed and did not make any notes, so there is no statistics. But I know it has been like that consistently in at least the last 10 weeks. After reading your post, I quickly ran to one of my 100% barrels for confirmation. On the first run, I spotted three bears around the barrel, one of them "23-29" and with an estimated weight of "-370kg". I made a screenshot, but the HUD overlay with the estimation dialogue did not appear, so I went in once again, and this time spotted only one bear, a "23-29" with a "290-380kg" weight:

That's the kind of thing I had to get used to in the past months. Lots of mediocre bears classified "23-29" with an actual score around 25, yet not a single "24-29", thus no more excitement and adrenaline rushes.
If that isn't for everybody and I'm the only one affected, then I'd really like to know which one of the devs I need to bribe.
My season stats
Spoiler:
AnnieBuckshot
Tracker

Post by AnnieBuckshot »

ChrisBen wrote:
AnnieBuckshot wrote:Annie is confused.

As your tracking skills increase in levels your huntermate displays more information.

http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php? ... king_Skill
Yeah I made the connection later.. was fresh awake, and started to wonder how you measure distances in weight and points.. :P

Return to “General Chat”