Black bear fur variations explosion

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Olwen

Black bear fur variations explosion

Post by Olwen »

Hi there, just for information. I noticed an increase of rare black bears. The last four I harvested included : one glacier and two cinnamons. The glacier was found in red feather reservation. The two cinnamons ( male and female ) in the Bayou. Halloween stunt ?
Of course this doesn't really matter eventhough they look great.
M0UNTAINMAN
Scout

Re: Black bear fur variations explosion

Post by M0UNTAINMAN »

No, that's normal. There are way too many color phase and rare black bears.
Adolamin
Tracker

Post by Adolamin »

Yeah there are lots, some more common than others, yesterday I saw around 20 Black bears and around 10 of them were variations, being mostly Cinnamon and Chocolate. Those glacier bears are still pretty damn rare though gratz!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The black bears other than the Common are not considered "rares" but fur variations. A rare is a 1 in 1000 find. There are at least 10 times more glacier black bears than there are piebald whitetails. I some hunts you seem to see those colors everywhere, on the next all you see is black ones.

In here you can see whether a type is considered rare or just a fur variation: http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php? ... Variations
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Turn it into a mini-game. Get all 5 variations in a single hunt. You'll get all warm and fuzzy from it ;)
plasmaflare
Hunter

Post by plasmaflare »

HooCairs wrote:The black bears other than the Common are not considered "rares" but fur variations. A rare is a 1 in 1000 find. There are at least 10 times more glacier black bears than there are piebald whitetails. I some hunts you seem to see those colors everywhere, on the next all you see is black ones.

In here you can see whether a type is considered rare or just a fur variation: http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php? ... Variations
I must have found the one thing i'm good at in this game, between piebald and albino i've found at least a dozen deer, and a few elk and yotes, but not one glacier bear.
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Thanks for the replies guys, and Maverick that mini game idea of yours is an absolute must-do ;-) I must admit that I never paid attention to the fur variation until the mission Mercy cull (where you have to harvest a chocolate bear ) so probably it's just because I started too hunt eyes wide open.
Good hunt to everyone.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Saw many Cinnamon and two Blonds in completing the bear mission, got a Glacier female but no Chocolate variation. Will definitely try the Maverick 5 shades of Black Bear challenge though.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Olwen wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, and Maverick that mini game idea of yours is an absolute must-do ;-) I must admit that I never paid attention to the fur variation until the mission Mercy cull (where you have to harvest a chocolate bear ) so probably it's just because I started too hunt eyes wide open.
Good hunt to everyone.
The 5 variations has been given the name of "Bear Royale". There may even be a plaque in it for you. ;)

SEE: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=59968
Dukkers
Scout

Post by Dukkers »

I've lost several cinnamon in the past week. I hit but don't drop on the spot then lose the tracks or else the net dies as I'm tracking. I'd just like to get one of them.

Return to “General Chat”