Aaaand idiot of the year award goes to..... ME :P

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
haNylanda
Tracker

Re: Aaaand idiot of the year award goes to..... ME :P

Post by haNylanda »

The other day I was walking around when a Feral Hog starting to run towards me. With my shotgun in my hand I fire a shot at him. And before the animation was done, Doc wanted a word with me. It was loaded with bird-shots. Damn it. it was not even a big one, so not to upset Doc more, I did spend a lager amount of time finding the big.

And today, on the mouse hunt. After just done the last one with Snakebite. I so another one running off, I managed to get a shot on him to. Did find him close by, wounded on the ground. And was going to give him the final blow, and pulled up the .44 magnum and shot him. And I got another mail from Doc.
I did not even think about that the .44 was maybe a bit low or anything like that.

I do a lot of stupid thinks to, that's what I learn most from.
Like I have now learn to look around for other animals before I shot the first one that is close enough.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Don't feel too bad for too long Rantanrave, time will bring you better days & great memories! :D

This is an instance from way back in my younger days, IRL, in W. Va.
I had scouted a big long ridge top that was covered with honey-suckle and mountain laurel, that I happened to stumble across when taking a long route back to my truck, and lo and behold, I soon discovered that it was a prime bedding area (jumped three bucks and several does out of the thicket). Now you must understand, I was a young hunter that had never shot my first deer yet, and this was two weeks before gun season came in. I thought I'd found the Garden of Eden for Whitetails. :shock: :D

Then, after dreaming and planning for the first day of the season which was opening on a Monday morning, I'd gotten all my gear ready, double checked everything. Made sure my camo was stored in unscented plastic bags with pine and cedar branches. Stacked everything in the chair right beside the door, so I wouldn't forget anything. Opening morning finally arrived, and I was up at 3 a.m. after tossing & turning, and dreaming all night.
Loaded all the stuff in my truck from the chair, after getting dressed, for the 2 1/2 hour drive so I'd have plenty of time to walk back to the ridge, about a 45 minute steady walk. Finally pulled off the road, unloaded my climbing stand, clothing and boots, and quickly changed into my camo, and sprayed everything down.
Ready to start the long walk - wait - time to load up - where is my gun. Guess? :shock:
Still in the case, beside the door, behind the chair - 2 1/2 hours drive back down the road. :x :cry: :lol:
Just one of my idiot moments that I'll never forget - sigh... 8-)
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I forgot about this one until you mentioned DQ's Hyna- This one hurt at the time, the scores are really up there now and make it not so special but at the time it was pretty awesome. Funny thing is, this reindeer didn't look that big but the score sheet made it hurt
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
MoonpieSpotlight
Hunter

Post by MoonpieSpotlight »

I am going to go big game hunting with my .22lr just tor S&G.
ThePathfinderCZ
Scout

Post by ThePathfinderCZ »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice
I think we all know it. I could win several competitions but I used wrong weapon. Was really happy :?
May all beings be happy
Derpy_McDerpyson
Scout

Post by Derpy_McDerpyson »

MoonpieSpotlight wrote:I am going to go big game hunting with my .22lr just tor S&G.
I tried that with a moose. We need to max out a server with people with .22lr pistols and just unload everything into one moose.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

LOL we have all been there
My self I keep using wrong bullet in inline smoke pole on Reindeer which requires the .45 cal
The 2 biggest I have ever seen I made the mistake of using .50 cal slug with inline smoke pole and on Reindeer that is a no no. :(
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Been there and done that more times then I want to admit, so, you're certainly NOT ALONE :!: :o :lol: :lol:
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
teufel_hunden
Scout

Post by teufel_hunden »

just started playing, but still takes me a minute to get out of the aim/prone position to run and track my kill
MTFX
Spotter

Post by MTFX »

happens :mrgreen:

Return to “General Chat”