Let Doe have some points when you kill them

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
wvdeerhunter
Tracker

Re: Let Doe have some points when you kill them

Post by wvdeerhunter »

I think people put way too much emphasis on score. I have been a member since 2008 (that's 6 years), and yet my hunter score is only 502. Granted, if I am lucky I only get to hunt an hour per day, sometimes not at all. During the time that I do spend, I pass up a lot of animals..especially does. I will kill them if they pose a threat to getting a buck, or if I am on a mission. Anyone can spend hour upon hour running thru the game shooting at anything that comes near them (if that makes their boat float, more power to them), but I just enjoy the time I do spend, join comps, and hope for a little luck.

In short...hunter score means nothin'.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

AVC2013 wrote:Because in my opinion, Not fair if the rank sorted by the date the player joined.
Especially for a senior hunter. They will always at the bottom at the rank.
Maybe the thinking of EW is this. If two players achieve the same result (Hunter Score, Top Score of the season, Longest Shot of the season), then the junior player gets the credit because it was harder for them to do it? Maybe. What I can also imagine is that they only sort by the HS, animal score or distance, and when the database finds many with the same number, it sorts the rest more or less random, or at least in an undefined way.

What ever it is, they should communicate how exactly these lists are sorted. I have asked for clarification before. In earlier seasons there were many players that found the top coyote (27.0kg / 59.525) and someone got to the Hall of Fame, but nobody knows why this person.

I believe the sorting should always be by DATE ACHIEVED. If someone reached Hunterscore 2000 first, they should always be listed before all others that reached 2000. If someone shot a 28.898 Brown Bear, they should be in the Hall of Fame in the end, not anyone else.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

If they labeled the ranks consistently with the other leaderboards, then people would just be tied for a position & it wouldn't matter.

If you viewed it as a "tie", it also wouldn't matter. So this could be more of a psychological issue than a technical issue ;) (PEBCAK)

But, if it's that important it should be sorted by who achieved the rank first, or who is closest to achieving the next rank.

In my opinion, HS & Rank don't really mean much of anything. Rather than a measure of the best hunter, it's a measure of the best grinder.

(just my 32gm$ worth) :D

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
AVC2013
Outfitter

Post by AVC2013 »

I don't agree with : the top rank awarded to the 1st person who reach it. The reason is :
Maybe there are someone out there only kill the males to unlock his new weapon.
And maybe there are someone out there who always keep their hit accuracy at 100%.
I think(IMO)a good position in a rank should be awarded to the guy like this.
Not for a guy who kill pheasants on the ground as much as they can, unlock the weapon and then have a big smile because they have finished a hard task.
Once again... HS means something to some guys, even a lot of people think that is "nothing".
wvdeerhunter
Tracker

Post by wvdeerhunter »

AVC2013 wrote:I don't agree with : the top rank awarded to the 1st person who reach it. The reason is :
Maybe there are someone out there only kill the males to unlock his new weapon.
And maybe there are someone out there who always keep their hit accuracy at 100%.
I think(IMO)a good position in a rank should be awarded to the guy like this.
Not for a guy who kill pheasants on the ground as much as they can, unlock the weapon and then have a big smile because they have finished a hard task.
Once again... HS means something to some guys, even a lot of people think that is "nothing".
I think you elaborated upon and proved my point very well. HS is not certainly not a compendium view of a "good" hunter. But I must confess, HS does mean more to me than I let on in my post above. Certainly we a would like to see a good HS, but again, it is not really the best indicator of a good hunter.

The addition of the Harvest Value is a step in the right direction. Once it is perfected, it would be a great thing to incorporate into the addition of a "Boone & Crockett Overall Sportsman" score....or how about the "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild" score!!!
AVC2013
Outfitter

Post by AVC2013 »

What was I try to make clear is, Now... this time, the leaderboard of rank only show me how long a player been here and how much money they have spent until they reach that place and how fast they collect for the achievement.
Can we have a better scoring system for the leaderboard of rank?
For example You and I at the same rank. you own the .22 cal handgun, and so do I. You got your 1st kill with it, and so do I. You got 1 point added to your HS, and so do I. Then what is the different from my kill and yours?
I think the animal score, the harvest value, the CSS.. are the good criteria to determine the kills.
Who have the best score from their 250 kills, should be at the top at the rank.
And do the same for the harvested animal achievements...
By that way we will know who is the good hunter, not a grinder.
Very hard for me to describe this in a good English sentences, I hope you understand what I mean.
(Talk about Ted, I only know his band...sorry, I don't understand this.)
wvdeerhunter
Tracker

Post by wvdeerhunter »

Sorry, sometimes I forget myself...popular spokesman for hunting/bow hunting/sportsmanship now here in the USA. Writes magazine articles such as in Outdoor Magazine, has a popular TV show called "Spirit of the Wild". He is likely to be the loudest voice we have (here in the USA) to keep guns and hunting alive, well, and legal.

http://www.tednugent.com/media/spirit-of-the-wild-tv/

Return to “General Chat”