Hunting Turkey with a toygun?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
vsaet
Hunter

Hunting Turkey with a toygun?

Post by vsaet »

I don't understand why EW retired the risibility to hunt turkey with both the 44 and the 357 handguns.
I think is to promote the 22 and because I has no other options hunting the Turkey whit a hand gun and even if I consider that the only by excellence guns for turkey and generally for birds are shotguns I was to the store and buy the 22. BIG MISTAKE! That is not a gun is a toy :!: 3 hits for killing a turkey 2 hits for a rabbit :?: What a revolutionary gun that can replace 44 and 357 :!: Lost my money and in addition every time i hit and not kill I have Doc with it's messages ;)
Because I am curious I search and found the handguns permitted for turkey http://www.handgunhunt.com/feature/s42/ and I was surprised to see how many handguns are used to hunt turkey.
And you? what do you think about?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Hunting Turkey with a toygun?

Post by Radamus »

Shooting turkey and geese w/.22 is a lot different. The turkeys will run, haven't dropped one on the spot yet and I got a goose to drop on the ground and one in the air, it collapsed like hit with a shotgun, but it was pretty close. So much for 200m airborne geese, I highly doubt those distances will be possible again. I can accept the .22 for mallards, and pheasant but not turkey or geese. I think it's a mis-match. After reading posts by long time members I see their points of objection and I would probably feel the same as they do.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

I use a shotgun or x-bow. Doc and the turkeys don't care :lol:

(and I didn't buy the .22 pistol either - rifle I would)
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Radamus wrote:Shooting turkey and geese w/.22 is a lot different. The turkeys will run, haven't dropped one on the spot yet and I got a goose to drop on the ground and one in the air, it collapsed like hit with a shotgun, but it was pretty close. So much for 200m airborne geese, I highly doubt those distances will be possible again. I can accept the .22 for mallards, and pheasant but not turkey or geese. I think it's a mis-match. After reading posts by long time members I see their points of objection and I would probably feel the same as they do.
I shot a turkey from 60m and hit it but it was like hitting with a swing gum ! It's going and the Doc message was there to! :D For 200m I think the bullet drop down at 100m ;)
MoonpieSpotlight
Hunter

Post by MoonpieSpotlight »

I don't mind the changes, I just don't like them mid season. You have people trying to compete for distance or other things and suddenly the door closes on that. At the beginning of a new season, introduce changes. I think most could live with that. Buying a gun and having it obsoleted for it's intended use is not a good customer satisfaction tool. The same can be said for instances where people bought waterfowl spreads and shotguns only to have their effectiveness altered. Perhaps the user wouldn't have made the purchase knowing the shotgun would soon become neutered.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

MoonpieSpotlight wrote:I don't mind the changes, I just don't like them mid season. You have people trying to compete for distance or other things and suddenly the door closes on that. At the beginning of a new season, introduce changes. I think most could live with that. Buying a gun and having it obsoleted for it's intended use is not a good customer satisfaction tool. The same can be said for instances where people bought waterfowl spreads and shotguns only to have their effectiveness altered. Perhaps the user wouldn't have made the purchase knowing the shotgun would soon become neutered.
This was raised a little while ago in another thread. In some countries you can't diminish "the goods" after purchase if "the goods" were sold as having a specific purpose.

Certainly in Australia there is no distinction between "real goods" or "virtual goods" as yet. Whether that is a result of outdated law or a purposeful intent is beyond my knowledge but I do know that our authorities are attempting to apply "real goods" refund law to "virtual goods" refund law in court as I speak.

Generally, companies selling goods into your country are obliged to follow local laws (not origin) - where trade agreements have this clause specifically.

I could technically (if I had the time and money) demand a refund from EW for reducing shotgun efficacy after my purchase. They would most likely be obliged under Australian Law to comply.

The onus is on me to prove that I bought it with the intent of shooting geese beyond 75m though. :lol:
MoonpieSpotlight
Hunter

Post by MoonpieSpotlight »

Maverick_2014 wrote:
MoonpieSpotlight wrote:I don't mind the changes, I just don't like them mid season. You have people trying to compete for distance or other things and suddenly the door closes on that. At the beginning of a new season, introduce changes. I think most could live with that. Buying a gun and having it obsoleted for it's intended use is not a good customer satisfaction tool. The same can be said for instances where people bought waterfowl spreads and shotguns only to have their effectiveness altered. Perhaps the user wouldn't have made the purchase knowing the shotgun would soon become neutered.
This was raised a little while ago in another thread. In some countries you can't diminish "the goods" after purchase if "the goods" were sold as having a specific purpose.

Certainly in Australia there is no distinction between "real goods" or "virtual goods" as yet. Whether that is a result of outdated law or a purposeful intent is beyond my knowledge but I do know that our authorities are attempting to apply "real goods" refund law to "virtual goods" refund law in court as I speak.

Generally, companies selling goods into your country are obliged to follow local laws (not origin) - where trade agreements have this clause specifically.

I could technically (if I had the time and money) demand a refund from EW for reducing shotgun efficacy after my purchase. They would most likely be obliged under Australian Law to comply.

The onus is on me to prove that I bought it with the intent of shooting geese beyond 75m though. :lol:
It doesn't advertise itself as being capable of shooting geese beyond 75m, so I don't think you can say it was diminished. They could argue it was enhanced since this game boasts realism and 75m kills on geese with shotguns isn't realistic, but then neither is 12 red deer piled up below a tree stand. I think the problem isn't so much being cheated, I don't feel cheated at all and in fact, I bought the .22 semi auto. I think things like that should be done with new releases so players in the middle of a season don't have to change tactics or even buy new stuff to complete the missions when they had everything they needed prior to the update.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Virtual Goods laws are going to be introduced in several countries in the near future.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/11/game- ... regulated/
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

MoonpieSpotlight wrote: It doesn't advertise itself as being capable of shooting geese beyond 75m, so I don't think you can say it was diminished. They could argue it was enhanced since this game boasts realism and 75m kills on geese with shotguns isn't realistic, but then neither is 12 red deer piled up below a tree stand. I think the problem isn't so much being cheated, I don't feel cheated at all and in fact, I bought the .22 semi auto. I think things like that should be done with new releases so players in the middle of a season don't have to change tactics or even buy new stuff to complete the missions when they had everything they needed prior to the update.
I absolutely agree, I merely used it as an example.

In another example that might be more accurate, what if overnight they said each reserve can now only contain one bait bin or one tent when I have purchased n quantity under the proviso that I can use them as per current arrangements. They have effectively devalued my purchase - in fact a huge portion of it has been rendered worthless.

I would have the right (again, under Australian Law) to demand a refund on the unusable portion of my inventory.

@philaitch - these laws have been aimed specifically at the targeting of an unsuspecting (read vulnerable) audience and subsequent automated transactions. It's less about knowingly purchasing as we do and having the value of what we purchased diminished after the fact. However, recognising virtual goods as "real goods" will clear the way for future law in regards to online purchasing.

This fuzzy space between "real money" and "not real things" needs to be defined.
Lenkos
Scout

Post by Lenkos »

I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed to see that the .357 wasn't permitted for Turkey any more.
Not a great loss, as I primarily bow them, but still.

Return to “General Chat”