Your thoughts on the updated Parker Python

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: Your thoughts on the updated Parker Python

Post by mapache01 »

I love it! Before update I use it only for Turkeys , Yotes, good placement for Black/White/Deers and shot up Roes on Hemm now is good for everything.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

I rarely used bows before update (except x-bow, as many of you already know). After update i start working on 250 kills for each. When i used Python, i had the huge surprise to get 3 red hinds, side by side, within 15 meters range. So, the power and the low noise makes it a devastating weapon and i think after i finish the work with recurve and long bow, it will be my new favorite "silent killer".
Spoiler:

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Last night I was in a TS shooting turkeys and heard a bull elk call so answered him, then some females called - oh boy, we know what happens there. So here comes Hanna and her 4 sisters. So, Parker to the rescue! and they came in one after the other - boom-smack-boom smack- couple times and number 4 comes in boom smack- number 5 was 30m out and she spooked. So, it's not guaranteed! I recorded it, and watched it over a couple times and still can not see how she was spooked outside of she was looking directly at me. I know she didn't hear the bow, too far out. And of course she spooked the mess of bulls coming in but that was fine, even the largest one wasn't showing over 300.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BigRod

Post by BigRod »

Great topic....great responses...I'll now definately buy the Parker once I start bow hunting...thanks to you all.
Lenkos
Scout

Post by Lenkos »

Just finished a hunt where I took a good number of Red Deer.
These were all pretty much consecutive kills, without spooking the herd. Great change to the bow!

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lenko ... n/40344485
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Just used it to finish the Reindeer missions, hit one just short of the 75m and the next one at 76.7m. Both took a while to bleed out but getting the hits was easier than I thought it would be. First in the inventory now.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

That reminds me: does the Parker Python Rangefinder display the same measured range vs. shot range offset than the rangefinder and the rangefinder-binocs?
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
TapChan
Spotter

Post by TapChan »

Here's what i've encountered today:

So, in short - Blacktail got hit in body + spine 3 while sleeping and he didn't even woke up. I thought he's dead so I came closer and couldn't catch him with HunterMate. Then I noticed he's just... still sleeping. It took total of 4 hits to finally kill him. So as a summary I can say I'm very impressed with it's noise and pain level.

But seriously, even a blacktail doe has been spooked by my first shot from about 25-30 meters.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

@TapChan: from screenshot i see you were in MP. Blame the MP, not the bow, for multiple shots and "weird" spooking. Or just keep hunting and forget, as we all did! :)
Spoiler:

Pontape
Tracker

Post by Pontape »

TapChan wrote:Here's what i've encountered today:

So, in short - Blacktail got hit in body + spine 3 while sleeping and he didn't even woke up. I thought he's dead so I came closer and couldn't catch him with HunterMate. Then I noticed he's just... still sleeping. It took total of 4 hits to finally kill him. So as a summary I can say I'm very impressed with it's noise and pain level.

But seriously, even a blacktail doe has been spooked by my first shot from about 25-30 meters.
Omg they killed Sleeping Beauty, you ******** :lol:

Return to “General Chat”