.308 Anschütz 1780 / VS \ 7mm Magnum Bullpup ?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Boutchoo

.308 Anschütz 1780 / VS \ 7mm Magnum Bullpup ?

Post by Boutchoo »

Greetings!

I recently starting playing the Hunter and I am very pleased with the experience and atmosphere!

I currently have the .308, the 7mm and the Parker Python.

My question is: Which one is suited the best for certain situations

1- I am a beginner in weapons calibers, is the 7mm bigger or smaller than a .300/.308?
2- How does Scopes mesurements works: 12x50, 3-9×40mm, etc (What does the number after the "x" means? / 12x50mm
3- Is the 12x50 better on the 7mm or the .308, same as the 3-9x40?
4- Should I use the 7mm on longer distances than the .308 or vise-versa?

Thank you for reading!

Best regards,
Boutchoo! :mrgreen:
Knut
Outfitter

Re: .308 Anschütz 1780 / VS \ 7mm Magnum Bullpup ?

Post by Knut »

1 - the 7mm is slightly smaller than the .300/.308 which both have 7.65mm diameter - but the 7mm is more powerful than the .308
2 - the 2nd measurement states objective diameter. Real world scopes are denominated with magnification-x-objective diameter. But the 2nd does not have any effect in this game
3- the 12x50 has a higher magnification (12x vs. 9x), whether that's better depends on your needs. Both scopes fit on both rifles
4- both rifles are usable for long distances, just the .308 is less powerful

Honestly, it's much more important that you aim properly than which gun you're using.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

1) The 7mm is more powerful then the .308
2) The 1st number is the magnification of the scope and in case of like the 3-9 that mean it can be adjusted from 3 to 9 magnification. Now the last number is the diameter of the objective bell of the scope and the larger in diameter the more light it gathers, which is very helpful in low light conditions. does not really apply in the game though.
3) That depends on how far you are shooting which one you like better ect ect
4) IMO the 7mm but you can use either rifle effectively so long as your shot placement it good. Also remember that your skill with each weapon helps a little bit to the higher the skill the less wobble you will get.
Last edited by snakeyes32 on September 29th, 2014, 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shnikies
Hunter

Post by Shnikies »

7mm is a smaller caliber but a more powerful round than the .308. The .300 is the most powerful round in the game. The numbers are bit misleading but the 7mm and .300 are magnum rounds which is why they are more powerful.

12 is the magnification of your scope and 50 is the field of view.. or how wide a viewing angle you will have. The higher the number the wider the field of view. the 12x50 is great for long range but its locked at 12x magnification so you cant zoom in or out.

7mm is the best all around gun in the game it has the highest rate of fire and is very powerful. The .308 has had a bit of a nerf some people haven't been happy with the changes. You cant go wrong with any of the larger calibers 7mm .300 9.3x62 are all great rifles.
rarehunter308
Tracker

Post by rarehunter308 »

1. .300>7mm>.308

2. The 12x50 scope has a 12x magnification and the 3-9x40 has a 3x, 6x, and 9x magnification (scroll with mouse wheel to zoom). The second number is the Field of View(FOV). On the 12x50 scope, you get 50mm of FOV and on the 3-9x40 you get 40mm of FOV

3. Both scopes work on both guns, but the 12x50 should be use for longer ranges and the 3-9x40 for closer ranges.

4. Both guns can tackle longer ranges (and shorter ones) about the same, the 7mm just does it with more knockdown power.
Boutchoo

Post by Boutchoo »

Knut wrote: Honestly, it's much more important that you aim properly than which gun you're using.
So they sell weapons based on the outside look? I wish we'd have more stats on weapons...

Is it just me or the bullpup have less Sway/swing when scoped?
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

It a less heavy rifle so maybe but the higher you raise your skill level the less either one will wobble.

http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php? ... ting_Skill
Shnikies
Hunter

Post by Shnikies »

Boutchoo wrote:
Knut wrote: Honestly, it's much more important that you aim properly than which gun you're using.
So they sell weapons based on the outside look? I wish we'd have more stats on weapons...

Is it just me or the bullpup have less Sway/swing when scoped?

No the weapons definitely have differences in power damage and penetration. I never noticed the difference in weapon sway for new rifles.
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

The Bullpup HAS less wobble in the scope. First thing that jumped to my eyes (after I bought it against my initial intention). The Bullpup is easier to handle with skill level 2 or 3 than for example my Anschütz 9.3 which I have at skill level 8.

I think they gave the rifles different vlaues on sway and movement depending on the rifles weight, to balance gameplay. However, maybe they balanced it 180° reversE: the heavier rifle should have more stability, but shorter time periods before the rifle holders becomes tired and the rifle begins to move stronger.

Lay down when you shoot and LOS allows it.

Get close.

Get closer.

Understand that many things on weapons in the game are tuned the way they are to fulfill gamebalancing desires, not necessarily realism desires that would hold their ground when comparing to the real world stuff. This will become very evident for you if you ever wil start to try out several bows where it is about noise level and damage level. It would be pointless to have a bow that is both the most silent and most powerful in the game. So both values are somewhat antagonistic in the game. Do not compare reality to game virtuality, it only worries your player's mind and makes only sometimes any sense. Take the details of any item and weapon in the game as what it is in the game, forget what the original model is like in reality.

Rifles with good stability levels are the 7mm, the Blaser 6.5x55, maybe one would also count the Anschütz 8x57 here (or maybe I just got used to it). The Anschütz 9.3 is one of the more unstabile rifles, and so is more difficult to use (plus it has more bulletdrop over pong range, you need to compensate for that by aiming slightly higher). The 9.3 in the game is a killer gun if handled well. But it is not the most easiest to use.

I find the increase in stability you are said to gain when raising your skill level with a given rifle, overestimated. You will see a difference when comparing level 1 and level 3. But comparing 3 and 5 already makes less obvious a difference, and beyond 6 or 7 I simply do not care for skill level raising anymore.

Much of the immersion - comes from imagination, which must not be something bad. ;) Clothing a good example. There is a reason why experienced players often do not care for functional clothing, but just wear what they think looks sexy (if they care at all).
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

Shnikies wrote:7mm is the best all around gun in the game it has the highest rate of fire and is very powerful.
One small point but I have found the lever actions have the highest rate of fire in the game. The differences between most rifles is very small as it is in reloading time and if you use manual reloading rather than auto, it comes down to how well you time it due to have to wait till the animation is finished.

Return to “General Chat”