Brown Bear Bait Barrel Places on Val-des-Bois [Update V6]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Brown Bear Bait Barrel Places on Val-des-Bois [Update V4

Post by Deconstructed »

Maverick_2014 wrote:Both my northern and southern "island" bins are maxing out.

South bin is now 24% and fielding bears. North bin - placed 22 hours ago - is already 13%.

Here she be.... As mentioned earlier, southern bin can produce 248m shots. Northern bin maximum range will be updated when I have the details but it's been setup for long range also.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =319562573
Icon bug or so you have some kind of bird decoys up North?
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Brown Bear Bait Barrel Places on Val-des-Bois

Post by Deconstructed »

Deconstructed wrote:Barrel #1 placed about 50m SouthEast of your first one as it includes more land area in spawn radius and a higher hanging TS (although limited visibility). Based on tracks in the area seems like this will also be very high traffic area for Roe & Red Deer.

Next trip I'll do #2 probably West side of map about half way up taking the back route behind the mountains.
Above barrel at 29% after approx 48 hours. Just placed 2nd barrel based on traffic in the area:

M0UNTAINMAN
Scout

Post by M0UNTAINMAN »

Violator31 wrote:
M0UNTAINMAN wrote:This spot hasn't worked out. 4% after 24 hrs

That's kind of shocking. I was just wandering around thru that area & I saw a few tracks. I made a mental note to keep that area in mind. Thanks for the help.
Yeah, I was too. I saw a lot of tracks and a big male brown right around the rocks where I put my barrel. As you can see, I was so confident it would produce I put one of my hunting towers at the top of the clearing. Oh well, it's still a good place for Reds and Roe.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Deconstructed wrote:
Maverick_2014 wrote:Both my northern and southern "island" bins are maxing out.

South bin is now 24% and fielding bears. North bin - placed 22 hours ago - is already 13%.

Here she be.... As mentioned earlier, southern bin can produce 248m shots. Northern bin maximum range will be updated when I have the details but it's been setup for long range also.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =319562573
Icon bug or so you have some kind of bird decoys up North?
That's my "perch" :lol:
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

I put my barrel very close to Barrel 1 made by OP, and have my hunting blind watchign it where he put his stand. It is a pretty good place, that also has red deer traffic too.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

M0UNTAINMAN wrote:
Violator31 wrote:
M0UNTAINMAN wrote:This spot hasn't worked out. 4% after 24 hrs

That's kind of shocking. I was just wandering around thru that area & I saw a few tracks. I made a mental note to keep that area in mind. Thanks for the help.
Yeah, I was too. I saw a lot of tracks and a big male brown right around the rocks where I put my barrel. As you can see, I was so confident it would produce I put one of my hunting towers at the top of the clearing. Oh well, it's still a good place for Reds and Roe.
Man, I was just out wandering around again & saw A LOT of tracks were you had/have this barrel. I even dropped a couple of bears there & north of there. Farther north of that spot is loaded with tracks but not any real good spots for a barrel.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
MoonpieSpotlight
Hunter

Post by MoonpieSpotlight »

On the North side of the Northern mountains, nothing but bear tracks and a ton of them until you get altitude and start seeing ibex.

I've hunted the lower areas and have only seen a couple bears.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

MoonpieSpotlight wrote:On the North side of the Northern mountains, nothing but bear tracks and a ton of them until you get altitude and start seeing ibex.

I've hunted the lower areas and have only seen a couple bears.
I think you mean South side? Nothing but Ibex on the North side.
drphilphil
Scout

Post by drphilphil »

Updated all 3 barrels, so far no "black sheep" is amongst them! They all seem to grow reasonably well, but at this point I am not really checking how long they are standing there.

Love all your setups, Maverick_2014 has read my mind with the north east island, it is the largest of all the islands. We will see if it will attract the number of bears it promises. I am unsure if the bears are already on the island or if they will roam to the island (that would look cool).
Too bad the western barrels are not really working out, but tracks alone dont make good barrels (as I had to experience myself with #2).

All in all, I am pleased that there are enough bear hot spots where you can also go long range shooting! Dont know if the devs did this intentionally or if it just randomly occured.

Keep us all updated guys and happy hunting!

Update: Barrel #5 just hit 15 within less than 24 hours, so its safe to say it will hit 100%!
Defiance_co
Scout

Post by Defiance_co »

Mine are up to
#1 30
#2 31
#3 31

Again, i forgot to fill #1 so its 1 point behind as i had to run all the way back like a ssob

Looking great so far

Asap i get final maxes i'll figure howto do a pic link

(i take it a fraps screenie will do the job then upload to my photo storage ?) (so many forums, so many variants on sizes etc lol)

Tony

Return to “General Chat”