Forum Member of the Year 2014

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Forum Member of the Year 2014

Post by caledonianblues »

Overview
For some time now I have wanted to create an online poll, enabling community members to nominate someone else from within the community who they believe should be rewarded for their contributions to the forum. Now is the time. I have decided to put forward a prize and a novelty high resolution trophy, to acknowledge the community member with the most nominations - the person the community believes is a genuine upstanding individual who contributes to the forum.

Nominate
To nominate someone within the community now, please click here. Everyone who nominates someone (and enters their own forum name on the nomination form) will be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win 2,000 em$. You can also remain anonymous, and in addition you can leave comments or a reason why you chose to nominate that person.

Rules
You can only make one nomination. You cannot nominate yourself. Anyone you nominate must have made at least 10 posts within the forum.

Duration
This event will run until 31st December 2014, at which point the winner will be announced and the prize will be issued. The prize draw for all those who entered their own forum name when making a nomination will also take part on the same day.

Prize
The winner of Forum Member of the Year 2014 will receive a novelty high resolution trophy, a 12 month membership and 10,000 em$. They will also receive a beautifully presented script (digital copy), containing all the pleasant comments left for them by those who nomated them.

View Nominations
To view the nominations, please click here.

Thanks for reading.

David
drakle
Hunter

Re: Forum Member of the Year 2014

Post by drakle »

My nomination has been made. ;)

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

This really is a fantastic idea. Good way to highlight, reward, and encourage the positive members of the community.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

thumbs up for this event.
david, you are awesome!!!

already voted. let the game begin :P

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Nomination in. I personally wanted to nominate someone outside the "inner circle". Meaning, no mods, no members that might from time to time see early access, have more direct lines to the EW staff, etc. They all do a great job but already garner something for their close ties. With that in mind, I nominate BucksNBuffalo. However things end up, you've certainly been noted by myself for the right rather than wrong reasons. :D
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Wow David, another great idea! One question can i nominate you, or are you out of this because you host this event?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

No you can't nominate me :)
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Oh two threads: [x] suscribed

EDIT: I nominate Blind Mole because he helped so many people with unique and awesome looking Forum Avatars.
By doing that he helped not only these people he also managed to make the Forum a better looking place for all of us.

I had the same thinking like Deconstructed. First i thought i nominate HooCairs because he did some many useful things. But i wanted to nominate someone outside the "inner circle" like Deconstructed.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

caledonianblues wrote:No you can't nominate me :)
Well then i nominate Blind Mole because he helped so many people with unique and awesome looking Forum Avatars.
By doing that he helped not only these people he also managed to make the Forum a better looking place for all of us.
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

Wow, nice david !
So many people worthy of being nominated, i think my nomination will go to blindmole.

Not only did he make my avatar <-- :D , he always is on point with his information and if you ask a question he knows the answer down to the particular semantics of the species, for example in this response on a thread about roe deer:
Blind Mole wrote:they bark when spooked and runs out
they bark one time when they are in spook mode and we approach them less carefull (warning bark without running out again)
they bark one time when exits spook mode (after 11 ingame minutes)
they bark one time when dies
he outlines exactly how the animal will react in certain situations which is beyond the scope of what most people on the forums know or could even look up, it's always quality information that has been learned from a long time playing "thehunter" .

not to say blindmole is the only one giving quality information there are many others and i thank you all!

Return to “General Chat”