Forum Member of the Year 2014

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Re: Forum Member of the Year 2014

Post by ForstHeld »

beamstas wrote:Wow, nice david !
So many people worthy of being nominated, i think my nomination will go to blindmole.

Hey beamstas

The correct Forum name is Blind Mole. Unfortunatly now are two diffrent Blind Moles nominated...
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

Forst_Held wrote:
beamstas wrote:Wow, nice david !
So many people worthy of being nominated, i think my nomination will go to blindmole.

Hey beamstas

The correct Forum name is Blind Mole. Unfortunatly now are two diffrent Blind Moles nominated...
damn i used the australian spelling :lol: 8-) :roll: :(
friction28
Scout

Post by friction28 »

Gotta be Hoo 8-)
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

I would vote for caledonianblues if he wasn't hosting this thing.
Thanks, ~Jeff

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

jeff1963 wrote:I would vote for caledonianblues if he wasn't hosting this thing.
Jeff, this time i can not disagree. By far, David deserve the title! Unfortunately i have to choose someone else, so my vote goes to MiS_Maverick (what he did/does with theHunter Project is awesome).
Spoiler:

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

(Merged two topics together and made the final one sticky.)

Excellent initiative! I have been nursing a similar idea for a long time, but David was quicker and more efficient :)

However, I think that without being able to vote for caledonianblues the leaderboard picture is inevitably going to be corrupted, since some people might want to vote for David. After all, it's not only about the prize, but also about a very honourable title "Forum member of the year". I suggest that people still can vote for David, however, he can not win the final prize.

Another thing which I feel creates a biased picture of most helpful community members, as it'll appear in the leaderboard, is this way of thinking:
Deconstructed wrote:Nomination in. I personally wanted to nominate someone outside the "inner circle". Meaning, no mods, no members that might from time to time see early access, have more direct lines to the EW staff, etc. They all do a great job but already garner something for their close ties. :D
Moderators, translators and wiki staff members (all those with colourful forum names) were chosen for their roles for being stellar community members in the first place. Automatically excluding them from the "Forum member of the year" candidates because they allegedly have closer ties to EW staff is unfair to them and their, in some cases, years long contributions to this community.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Nice move, Alena! ;)

I said in several different occasions, David deserves a place in Hall of Fame, in a special category, across all seasons. But it is his decision to not be voted and i respect it.
Spoiler:

ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Alena Rybik wrote:....
Deconstructed wrote:Nomination in. I personally wanted to nominate someone outside the "inner circle". Meaning, no mods, no members that might from time to time see early access, have more direct lines to the EW staff, etc. They all do a great job but already garner something for their close ties. :D
Moderators, translators and wiki staff members (all those with colourful forum names) were chosen for their roles for being stellar community members in the first place. Automatically excluding them from the "Forum of the member" candidates because they allegedly have closer ties to EW staff is unfair to them and their, in some cases, years long contributions to this community.
Hey Alena

as i refferd in my nomination to Deconstructeds quote above i feel like i have to clearify what i meant because of my lack in english...

I never want to exclude someone from the nomination nor want i be unfair to all these fantastic community members you reffered. There are so many members out there who deserve a nomination and i just wanted to nominate a person who isnt the obvious number one pick. Because i think the nomination itself is an honour. And so i tried to pick someone who deserves the nomination and is maybe not in everybodys mind.

To be honest there are so many helpful, generous and talented people in the forum that im am not able to pick one and say this is the only one who deserves this award. The total community is worth an award i think because i never met a buch of gamers who are so helpful and gentle to newbies!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Moderators, translators and wiki staff members (all those with colourful forum names) were chosen for their roles for being stellar community members in the first place. Automatically excluding them from the "Forum member of the year" candidates because they allegedly have closer ties to EW staff is unfair to them and their, in some cases, years long contributions to this community.
And I would disagree, even if I were one that had early access to a new reserve, weapon, etc. For instance, in the country I live in you anything that may be even slightly viewed as questionable would for instance void a lottery ticket. For example, if a person works in a convenience store and purchases a lottery ticket in said store (even if while off duty and purchased as a customer) then that lottery ticket is by default void and the purchaser would be disqualified of any potential winnings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appearance_of_impropriety
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

@Forst_Held: Fair enough, thanks for clarification, I do agree with you wholeheartedly.

@Deconstructed: I can assure you that neither moderators, nor translators, nor wiki staff receive an early access to a new reserve or other content (well, translators usually find out what a new store item or animal is a bit earlier, since they translate the content in advance). But even if they did, it wouldn't make them less worthy members of this community and less deserving people's votes. This is not a EW sponsored competition, but an independent poll by another community member, hence the appearance of impropriety doesn't seem like as a valid argument.

Of course, it is totally your choice who to vote for and in no way I am trying to solicit votes here, however, I felt that some perspective was needed and I wanted to stick up for the guys who are helping this community immensely.

Return to “General Chat”