Reindeers spawning techniques? (wrong description)

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Reindeers spawning techniques? (wrong description)

Post by Blind Mole »

So... dev's said, that reindeers are spawning near one border and migrating to another border with some randomizing at route.
Description is wrong, or maybe its bug, or maybe dev's again not really knows how works their game, anyway..

... 3 minutes ago i saw reindeer spawned in my eyes when i was aiming at bear. Reindeer appeared in my bow sight! lol
... im automaticaly shoted at bear, dont know where fly my arrow, no bear hitted, no reindeer hitted.
... reindeer not reacted to shot, not reacted to spooked bear, not reacted to caller, after that im just shoted him with rifle.

so, guys, be carefull when you moving and dont see any animals ahead ;) Really reindeer can spawn like geeses!

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/blind ... /298984836

Last edited by Blind Mole on September 15th, 2014, 11:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dronez
Hunter

Re: Reindeers spawning techniques? (wrong description)

Post by Dronez »

Blind Mole wrote:So... dev's said, that reindeers are spawning near one border and migrating to another border with some randomizing at route.
Maybe its bug, maybe dev's again not really knows how work their game, anyway..

... 3 minutes ago i saw reindeer spawned in my eyes when i was aiming at bear. Reindeer appeared in my bow sight! lol
... im automaticaly shoted at bear, dont know where fly my arrow, no bear hitted, no reindeer hitted.
... reindeer not reacted to shot, not reacted to spooked bear, not reacted to caller, after that im just shoted him with rifle.

so, guys, be carefull when you moving and dont see any animals ahead ;) Really reindeer spawning like geeses!
[img]
http://c2n.me/iUUFN5.jpg[/img]
Yeah i had this too, i was searching for a reindeer i shot around the top of the border when i stop for a second because i went the wrong way, i see the reindeer walking about 5 meters from me.. Then a male reindeer spawns literally ontop of that female i was searching.. Out of nowhere
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Blind Mole wrote: ... im automaticaly shoted at bear, dont know where fly my arrow, no bear hitted, no reindeer hitted.
... reindeer not reacted to shot, not reacted to spooked bear, not reacted to caller, after that im just shoted him with rifle.[/b]
Interesting! How far away from you was it when it spawned (meters?)? Wonder if a reindeer can spawn on top of you and since it obviously won't be spooked, one easy kill like you had. Hmmmm???
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Blind Mole, just curious what is your cpu spec and gpu spec.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I have seen flying reindeer but not spawning reindeer I think.
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Post by Blind Mole »

ronMctube wrote:Blind Mole, just curious what is your cpu spec and gpu spec.
Tuck_SFA wrote:
Blind Mole wrote: ... im automaticaly shoted at bear, dont know where fly my arrow, no bear hitted, no reindeer hitted.
... reindeer not reacted to shot, not reacted to spooked bear, not reacted to caller, after that im just shoted him with rifle.[/b]
Interesting! How far away from you was it when it spawned (meters?)? Wonder if a reindeer can spawn on top of you and since it obviously won't be spooked, one easy kill like you had. Hmmmm???
look distance at scoresheet, im linked, distance not changed after he is spawned till im shooted ;)
ronMctube wrote:Blind Mole, just curious what is your cpu spec and gpu spec.
not serious, gpu:gtx770 + cpu:fx6300
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I'm pretty sure the description is correct, and that this occurrence is most likely a bug.

At the beginning of a game, the Reindeer can start anywhere on the map, but if you follow their tracks backward you will see they came from a border somewhere.
The "1 hour of roaming" is in effect just like the other animals when you start a game. i.e. there will be 1 hr worth of tracks behind each animal.

I have seen them in the middle of the map, near a border just entering, and near a border on their way out at the start of a game.

After the start, a herd will wander out of bounds, and their tracks will disappear. A new herd should spawn outside the border & wander across the reserve.

If they are spawning inside the border of the reserve, this is most definitely a bug.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Tod1d wrote:I'm pretty sure the description is correct, and that this occurrence is most likely a bug.

At the beginning of a game, the Reindeer can start anywhere on the map, but if you follow their tracks backward you will see they came from a border somewhere.
The "1 hour of roaming" is in effect just like the other animals when you start a game. i.e. there will be 1 hr worth of tracks behind each animal.

I have seen them in the middle of the map, near a border just entering, and near a border on their way out at the start of a game.

After the start, a herd will wander out of bounds, and their tracks will disappear. A new herd should spawn outside the border & wander across the reserve.

If they are spawning inside the border of the reserve, this is most definitely a bug.

Be Well

But i followed a herd to see what exactly happen when they leave the border, only the male tracks disappeared, and i kept waiting for the females, the females tracks didn't disappear, they stayed at the border for one hour or so, after that they bounced back in the map same group of females, and without a new male.
Paul_Goselaar
Hunter

Post by Paul_Goselaar »

Blind Mole wrote:So... dev's said, that reindeers are spawning near one border and migrating to another border with some randomizing at route.
Description is wrong, or maybe its bug, or maybe dev's again not really knows how works their game, anyway..

so, guys, be carefull when you moving and dont see any animals ahead ;) Really reindeer can spawn like geeses!

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/blind ... /298984836

Interesting...This is one of those moments when you can say that the developer was caught with its pants down. :)

Return to “General Chat”