Less content, more features

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
vivoun
Spotter

Less content, more features

Post by vivoun »

I didn't renew my subscription a few months ago because I'm not really enthusiast about how little the game is really evolving, I would like to but tbh, nothing is changing.

It is always nice to see a game getting richer and richer with content, and I understand content in the Hunter is actually how they make money and that the production pipeline is nice and efficient but can the feature aspect of the game get some love too? It's always a new species, a new map, a new weapon, a new outfit, caller or a new premium skin etc. It seems the only things that are actively developed are those that can easily be linked to an $em buy button.

How about improving the graphics and physics engine or the draw distance, work on a proper skeleton and finally have decent player animations, introduce some new ways of enjoying the content, like night hunting or improved huntermates. How about showing on screen what a player is actually wearing and not just spawning out of the void what's in the inventory, how about player lodges or lending equipment to friends. How about dogs, vehicles or dedicated servers ? The list could go on and on..

When are we gonna see serious improvements being developed that might not provide expensive world with an immediate boost in income but which will greatly enhance or offer new ways to enjoy all the content that is already there? :/
GTX300
Tracker

Re: Less content, more features

Post by GTX300 »

vivoun wrote:I didn't renew my subscription a few months ago because I'm not really enthusiast about how little the game is really evolving, I would like to but tbh, nothing is changing.

It is always nice to see a game getting richer and richer with content, and I understand content in the Hunter is actually how they make money and that the production pipeline is nice and efficient but can the feature aspect of the game get some love too? It's always a new species, a new map, a new weapon, a new outfit, caller or a new premium skin etc. It seems the only things that are actively developed are those that can easily be linked to an $em buy button.

How about improving the graphics and physics engine or the draw distance, work on a proper skeleton and finally have decent player animations, introduce some new ways of enjoying the content, like night hunting or improved huntermates. How about showing on screen what a player is actually wearing and not just spawning out of the void what's in the inventory, how about player lodges or lending equipment to friends. How about dogs, vehicles or dedicated servers ? The list could go on and on..

When are we gonna see serious improvements being developed that might not provide expensive world with an immediate boost in income but which will greatly enhance or offer new ways to enjoy all the content that is already there? :/
I´m not trying to open the war gate here, but this is what I'm waiting for since I started playing TheHunter. Not the new stuff and items that attract me to playing TH, but these things you mentioned above
creonx
Tracker

Post by creonx »

Could not agree more with you there. Thats the Main Reason i re-open Suscription now and then, play for a couple of Days and forget about the Game again.
NBullard
Spotter

Post by NBullard »

vivoun wrote:I didn't renew my subscription a few months ago because I'm not really enthusiast about how little the game is really evolving, I would like to but tbh, nothing is changing.

It is always nice to see a game getting richer and richer with content, and I understand content in the Hunter is actually how they make money and that the production pipeline is nice and efficient but can the feature aspect of the game get some love too? It's always a new species, a new map, a new weapon, a new outfit, caller or a new premium skin etc. It seems the only things that are actively developed are those that can easily be linked to an $em buy button. this is the case because they need to make money somehow. I'm glad for new species and new reserves, and technically these do not have a em$ buy button

How about improving the graphics and physics engine or the draw distance this would require years of work, so dont expect it to come out in the next batch, work on a proper skeletonwhat do you mean by this? and finally have decent player animationsall the animations are decent. could they be better? yes, but they are still not bad, introduce some new ways of enjoying the content, like night hunting or improved huntermates.night hunting would be a big em$ draw. night vision scopes, flashlights, night vision binos, etc, so your argument about everything being em$ would be more so here. The huntermates are fine, and they are intended to not be accurate 100% of the time. How about showing on screen what a player is actually wearing and not just spawning out of the void what's in the inventory, how about player lodges or lending equipment to friends. How about dogs, vehicles or dedicated servers ? The list could go on and on..we can see what we are wearing, by gloves or F2 at lodge or tent. its a game, we spawn. by player lodges, you mean the tents we already have. lending would be a big mess and even loss of money to EW. they've talked about dogs in the future. vehicles are pointless as the maps are not that bi, and what would the point of dedicated servers be? player servers are fine as is.

WhiteRabbit
Outfitter

Post by WhiteRabbit »

That's a good point. The game needs an update in certain areas.
0celot
Outfitter

Post by 0celot »

I'm here too. I enjoy what we have, I really do. But most teams push out the sort of content we have so they can afford to develop the features discussed here. Makes me nervous that, that is all that seems to be coming out here.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

best opening post to a thread i've read in months.
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Very well stated. However; I'd rather the gazillion bugs be fixed first. One reason why they are releasing new items is that they need to sell a lot of .308 handgun premiums so that they can afford to pay a Frontend Developer who has these qualifications:
http://avalanchestudios.com/careers/F25 ... 8EEC8574C/
Spoiler:
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Very well stated. However; I'd rather the gazillion bugs be fixed first. One reason why they are releasing new items is that they need to sell a lot of .308 handgun premiums so that they can afford to pay a Frontend Developer who has these qualifications:
I'd love to help out, but I've stopped spending money, other than the yearly subscription.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

ah well found tuck

Return to “General Chat”