Reindeer / Caribou hit detection issues?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
remedy76
Spotter

Re: Reindeer / Caribou hit detection issues?

Post by remedy76 »

I have no problem with my hits.. here is a vid that show it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jeXRGn ... Mdm3j0q6xw
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

For clarification; my shots on reindeer were all taken during multiplayer sessions (though I was only one online at the time when I took the shots).

About the flight path issues... when using my Parker Python on a 15-20m shot on a roe deer the arrow flew off to the left of where I aimed. I could tell easily because I had the pins dead center on the roe deer and I use tracer arrows. The red flare from the arrow flew off to the left of the pin and completely missed the roe deer @ 15-20m. Second shot hit dead center though and took it down.

So yeah, there is something amiss with the flight path (at least for bows) in addition to the hit-detection on Reindeer (which I only shot with rifles thus far)
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

I had it again today in a MP session.

From a certain time on, all I got was body shots.
Then I harvested two reindeer that fled with body shots and I shot a second time. From behind on the head when they were stretching it upwards. And I got lung shots!!!
The arrow was shown to stuck in the head, too.

See e.g. here: http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/daknu ... /295639336
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, Knut, I am seeing two Body shots on the score sheet. Did the confirmation screen show Lung?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

I've had definite issues with bow and crossbow aiming/flight path the last few days, but no problem with reindeer using guns. The rifle shots go right where I aimed them, and seem to hit the proper organs for the kill.

I have notice that the harvest screen will show skull when it shouldn't, and that the scoresheet will say body even though the organ map show heart or lung(s).

My point being, with guns it's not effecting gameplay or the ability to drop an animal, but the data after is inconsistent.
Personal Bests...
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, Knut, I am seeing two Body shots on the score sheet. Did the confirmation screen show Lung?
Go to the hunt statistics: http://www.thehunter.com/daknut/statist ... hunt_nav=3 and check for the female with score 221.788, there you'll see that a lung shot was registered. It was the 2nd shot.

For whatever reason the individual score sheet nearly always shows "body" regardless what else was hit, as the body is always the first organ that is hit.
Fletchette wrote:My point being, with guns it's not effecting gameplay or the ability to drop an animal, but the data after is inconsistent.
But this bug is. I had body shots with guns/rifles where I aimed in the middle of the body with the animal quartering away. No way I could've missed all organs.

Or when shooting them from up front, it's always just the rear organs that light up, never heart or lung.

All that given of course that the bug is active. It may take some time in a MP session or it might not happen at all.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Knut wrote: For whatever reason the individual score sheet nearly always shows "body" regardless what else was hit, as the body is always the first organ that is hit.
I'll give you a clue as to the reason: starts with a "B", and they are commonly found crawling, flying, etc. :lol: :lol:

But yes, I see what you mean now. ;)
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

Showing body is not a bug, it is just how it is designed. Hover over to see what else was hit, or you would if it were not bugged.

As to hit detection, I am always wary of these claims. For one it is entirely possible to shoot in between the lungs. http://i.imgur.com/RVLDEDH.png
Roacwyn
Spotter

Post by Roacwyn »

Had a weird one today. I hit the reindeer with an arrow (crossbow) from in front. It hit Heart, Left Lung, Right Lung, Liver and Intestine. The think that surprised me the most was that the arrow wasnt coming out of the rear-end again.
JDD
Scout

Post by JDD »

I had reindeer today take 3 xbow shots right through it with-ought spooking. Never killed it.

Return to “General Chat”