inline and caribou

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ballistics Hunter
Outfitter

inline and caribou

Post by ballistics Hunter »

So there I was with my inline muzzle-loader and my first caribou in sight(quite a nice caribou to). naturally I thought because this deer is roughly the same size as a red deer it must be considered big game so therefore I use the .50 cal bullets instead of the .45 cal because after all the .45 cal is used for medium size deer on this game!!! Anyway I take my shot and who should pop up in the top left hand screen but that stupid hairy face t*t doc! Saying that this ammo is not ethical. Now will someone please tell me why it is not ethical for caribou when they are pretty much the same size as a red deer and I'm pretty damn sure their not medium size deer?
killertut
Master Hunter

Re: inline and caribou

Post by killertut »

ballistics Hunter wrote:So there I was with my inline muzzle-loader and my first caribou in sight(quite a nice caribou to). naturally I thought because this deer is roughly the same size as a red deer it must be considered big game so therefore I use the .50 cal bullets instead of the .45 cal because after all the .45 cal is used for medium size deer on this game!!! Anyway I take my shot and who should pop up in the top left hand screen but that stupid hairy face t*t doc! Saying that this ammo is not ethical. Now will someone please tell me why it is not ethical for caribou when they are pretty much the same size as a red deer and I'm pretty damn sure their not medium size deer?
because the gods of this world (our devs) say so.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Zyklus
Spotter

Post by Zyklus »

They are noticeably smaller than red deer.....
REAPNASTY
Hunter

Post by REAPNASTY »

I agree and to me its kinds silly to have to use 2 different types of ammo. I used to shoot the lead conical bullets out of my old Hawken cap lock except we call them maxi balls. I know that the sabot bullet will kill bear,elk,hogs, pretty much any animal IRL that is.
kimber45auto

Post by kimber45auto »

I did the same thing on my first caribou .50 cal and dropped it. worst part about the inline is that is has two bullets.
Derpy_McDerpyson
Scout

Post by Derpy_McDerpyson »

They likely did that to balance the number of animals .45 sabot and .50 conical rounds are legal for. It is now 6 and 7 respectively.
Layla Ravenclaw
Scout

Post by Layla Ravenclaw »

The .45 sabbot for reindeers make no sense in my eyes. They should be allowed the .50 conic ball for it. Cus when u hunt reindeer and red deer with a shotgun, u must use slugs for them. And normaly its all animals thats u can kill with the .45 sabbot alowed to shot with Buckshot.

So why slugshell for reindeers and by the inlinemuzzleloader the .45 sabbot for the same animal? Thats make no sense to me.

also cant i understand thats my first reindeer kill tonight with the .50 conical bullet get me a msg fron doc as unpermited hit. But in the summery its not shown diquallify in the sheet its show a score for that reindeeer.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

I bought 2 in-lines. One for the .50 cal and one for the .45 cal.

Works great. I put the silver scope on the .50 and the black scope on the .45. Quick glance at the scope confirms I have selected the right caliber for the animal.

I will say when I first tried this system out, I did goof and shoot a tremendous bull elk with the .45. :oops:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

It's just rules......Games have rules.

They don't always have to make sense.

Why can you only take 2 steps with the ball in basketball, and not three?......Because it's the rule.
Why can the goalie in soccer use his hands, but no one else can?.....Because it's the rule.
Why can we shoot deer in Missouri with a crossbow during rifle season, but not during bow season?.....Because it's a rule.
Personal Bests...
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

MudBug wrote:I bought 2 in-lines. One for the .50 cal and one for the .45 cal.

Works great. I put the silver scope on the .50 and the black scope on the .45. Quick glance at the scope confirms I have selected the right caliber for the animal.

I will say when I first tried this system out, I did goof and shoot a tremendous bull elk with the .45. :oops:
Mudbug why not the old muzzleloader for .50 and the new inline for .454 :).

I think it´s a nice feature you get twice the ammo ;). carrying old and new muzzleloader is like a slow smokey double piped shotgun :)

Raindeer is a lot smaller then red deer. They weight virtually nothing when you crash with them.

Return to “General Chat”