Out of Reserve Bou and Another lost BB

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Out of Reserve Bou and Another lost BB

Post by INTIMID883R »

So much for wounded Caribou not being able to leave the reserve. It died almost 100 M out of reserve and when I ran out to try to get it, when I click on confirm kill I went to a Black screen and could not get back into game.

The second video is of yet another vanishing BB. This makes 3 BB 27-29 lost in 2 days. I have tried everything including fast travel back to the tent to get these animals to show up. This is just 1 video of the same situation I have encountered in the last few days. Elk, WT, BB and Caribou have simply vanished into thin air. It is getting expensive traveling back to the tent using camping supplies to try and salvage a hunt.

Way too many old bugs like this are again showing up in the game. Vanishing animals, unharvestable animals, animals sinking into the ground. All of these have been listed as fixed when actually they still exist.

NO I did not make a bug report simply because for some reason lately my bug reports seem to vanish like the animals, or at least they never show up in the forum.

Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Out of Reserve Bou and Another lost BB

Post by INTIMID883R »

Updated with new video.
Spoiler:
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

Never had this happened with my about 30 harvested Reindeers. The key is to hunt responsibly and take deadly shots ;)
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

No Actually the key is to fix the boundary like it was supposed to be
The game mechanic is similar to that of the waterfowl. If a reindeer is injured, the migratory behaviour gets cancelled to prevent it from being out of reach of the hunter.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i have a weird one with tony last night the reindeer was just not there :D

shot it tracked it tracks just ended. no reindeer this wasn't on edge of map either. was a really nice male aswell.
REAPNASTY
Hunter

Post by REAPNASTY »

I am with you X, it happened to me with a nice bear also.
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

It's on" the to do list" at the bottom of list like all the other bugs if you say a a bug it goes to bottom of list

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Yeah moved to the bottom so we can just keep putting up with it until we accept it as the way it should be, Just like the damn beaver bug. Years have passed and it is still not fixed. Ohhh we have been told it was fixed, just like the animals sinking into the ground, and the vanishing animals, and the animals walking under water. And now we have animals that are designed to leave the reserve, oh but they won't leave if they are wounded. Yeah right!!!
Spoiler:
0celot
Outfitter

Post by 0celot »

And yet we have fixes every Game Update.

I get what you're all driving at, but this is a service developed by rather small team. Take a product like Sim City... I scoured their forums researching how buggy it was... Honestly? Sounds worse than our problems, and they're a AAA title by a massive team. I'm not excusing EW here, we pay for a bug-free (an impossibility, surely) product and deserve to get things figured out in a timely manner. But seriously guys, EW has shown in the 7 months I've been here that run a pretty good balance between feature development and bug fixes.

Venting is one thing, negative feedback is another... But running them through the mud here doesn't help, and isn't fun to read for the rest of us.
Bonecollector81
Spotter

Post by Bonecollector81 »

the first video I'm not sure. but the second I have an Idea of what happened. you are on a huge slope and I find that the animals once they die slide all the way to the bottom if nothing stops them. I reported this when the first opened the map a long time ago after not being able to find moose. but now I always look for it.

Return to “General Chat”