Max scores and weights

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ardillamente
Tracker

Max scores and weights

Post by Ardillamente »

Does anyone know if there is a chart that lists all species' maximum possible weight and score ranges that can be viewed upon spotting the animals? If there isn't one, if anyone has come up with the data on their own if you could post it as a reply that would be awesome. For example I always thought that the max score range for ID of a whitetail buck was 130-215, then I spotted one that was 135-215. I shot him and took second place in the tenpoint whitetail competition a few days ago with a score of 187. So in other words knowing what the maximum possible score and weight ranges for all species would greatly help with taking the best scoring animals possible.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: Max scores and weights

Post by JackRbbt »

For scores check this out! For weights, i don't know where you can find exact minimal values, but max values are:

Mule deer - 140 kg.
Whitetail and blacktail deer - 100 kg.
Elk - 500 kg.
Moose - 620 kg.
Roe deer - 35 kg.
Red deer - 240 kg.
Black bear - 290 kg.
Brown bear - 490 kg.
Red fox - 20 kg.
Coyote - 30 kg.
Feral hog - 205 kg.
Wild Boar - 240 kg.
Turkey - 10 kg.
Pheasant - 3 kg.
Mallard - 1.6 kg.
Canada Goose - 9 kg.
Cottontail Rabbit - 2 kg.

No need to tell you that those are weights for males, females being (significantly) smaller.
Spoiler:

Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

Cool thanks a lot! That link lists all the minimum scores, maximum scores and CSS values. Now, if anyone knows of a list that shows the maximum score range for each species that you can see upon spotting the animal, that would be helpful too. I just want a list to refer to so that I know when I am looking at an animal that is the highest possible range of score. For instance, I know a black bear's max range is 19-24, and a brown bear's max range is 23-29. So if I could be aware of the max ranges of all species' scores as well as I am with bears I would be in business. Also a list of the max weight ranges that you can see upon spotting the animal would be nice too, the only one I'm pretty sure of is that a brown bear's max weight range is 330-490 kgs.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The easiest way to check is to go look at the leaderboards for each species.
That way you will know the weights and scores for the biggest animals shot so far this season.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

The ranges change depending on your spotting skill. The range gets narrower the higher your skill level. With some species the bottom number moves up, with other species the top number moves down.
Personal Bests...
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

JackRbbt wrote:For scores check this out

No need to tell you that those are weights for males, females being (significantly) smaller.
For rabbits the females are actually bigger and thereby bring more points. Ty for the list btw.
Code: Select all
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

A bear that weighs up to 490kg can easily be snaller than a bear with weight up to 440kg. Weight i correlated with score but very loosely, dont focus on the numbers too much they dont always indicate the best scoring animal.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

nachthexe wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:For scores check this out

For rabbits the females are actually bigger and thereby bring more points. Ty for the list btw.
You may be right, i hunted so very few rabbits, that i really don't know. :)
Spoiler:

ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

JackRbbt wrote:For scores check this out! For weights, i don't know where you can find exact minimal values, but max values are:

Mule deer - 140 kg.
Whitetail and blacktail deer - 100 kg.
Elk - 500 kg.
Moose - 620 kg.
Roe deer - 35 kg.
Red deer - 240 kg.
Black bear - 290 kg.
Brown bear - 490 kg.
Red fox - 20 kg.
Coyote - 30 kg.
Feral hog - 205 kg.
Wild Boar - 240 kg.
Turkey - 10 kg.
Pheasant - 3 kg.
Mallard - 1.6 kg.
Canada Goose - 9 kg.
Cottontail Rabbit - 2 kg.

Thanks for putting this together, Jack! But i want to add that these are the weights you see in tracks and spotting. You will never find a yote with 30kg or a fox with 20kg.
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

beamstas wrote:A bear that weighs up to 490kg can easily be snaller than a bear with weight up to 440kg. Weight i correlated with score but very loosely, dont focus on the numbers too much they dont always indicate the best scoring animal.
Indeed Bear are scored of the width and length of the skull... and Typically a bigger heavier bear will have a bigger skull but that is definitely not always the case.
However, very few species score are based off of weight....

Return to “General Chat”