New Reserve! Discussion and Ideas

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Re: New Reserve! Discussion and Ideas

Post by ChrisMK72 »

They changed the text on the amazon page. Description of the reserve and release date. They put it one month back from Sept. to Oct. .

I think we get the new animal first in one of the existing reserves, and some time after that(October?) the new reserve.
CinAteK
Scout

Post by CinAteK »

Yeah, animal first in one of the current reserves...then later the new reserve probably with that same animal in it as well. Or, have we figured out an animal that would fit in one of the current 'more popular' reserves as well as the future 'glorious' reserve?

I know we were leaning towards Lynx, Caribou...possibly Ibex or Mouflon.
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

CinAteK wrote:Yeah, animal first in one of the current reserves...then later the new reserve probably with that same animal in it as well. Or, have we figured out an animal that would fit in one of the current 'more popular' reserves as well as the future 'glorious' reserve?

I think we need to apply a broad interpretation of the words "more popular reserves". Logically the new animal will be released in one of the reserves that only has four animals. The only logical choice of reserve for an animal that would also fit an alpine environment then is Hemmeldal, because I can't imagine any animals that would fit both the swamps of Louisiana and the French Alps.

That really rules out Ibex and Chamois. Caribou fits neighter in the French Alps or in Hemmeldal so that's out of the question. The only logical contender left (except some small game and birds) is Lynx or possibly (but not logically) Mouflon or Wolf. I still maintain that Lynx is hands down the most probable contender.

The only other possibility is that this new animal will have nothing at all to do with the new reserve. I think we need to consider this possibility as well. They might release Alligators in Rougarou now, and then the alps reserve in october with one new species and several carry over from Hirschfelden, who knows? :mrgreen:
CinAteK
Scout

Post by CinAteK »

Good points, Lawger. :-) We definitely should consider all those possibilities.
0celot
Outfitter

Post by 0celot »

Lawger wrote:
CinAteK wrote:Yeah, animal first in one of the current reserves...then later the new reserve probably with that same animal in it as well. Or, have we figured out an animal that would fit in one of the current 'more popular' reserves as well as the future 'glorious' reserve?

I think we need to apply a broad interpretation of the words "more popular reserves". Logically the new animal will be released in one of the reserves that only has four animals. The only logical choice of reserve for an animal that would also fit an alpine environment then is Hemmeldal, because I can't imagine any animals that would fit both the swamps of Louisiana and the French Alps.

That really rules out Ibex and Chamois. Caribou fits neighter in the French Alps or in Hemmeldal so that's out of the question. The only logical contender left (except some small game and birds) is Lynx or possibly (but not logically) Mouflon or Wolf. I still maintain that Lynx is hands down the most probable contender.

The only other possibility is that this new animal will have nothing at all to do with the new reserve. I think we need to consider this possibility as well. They might release Alligators in Rougarou now, and then the alps reserve in october with one new species and several carry over from Hirschfelden, who knows? :mrgreen:
Ya, that's a very well put case. Plus, it aligns well with my wishes... So despite everyone else's wishes I selfishly want you to be right lol... I'd love to see gators and lynx that is lol.
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

Whatever the new reserve is, and whatever the new animal is, I'll be happy :)
0celot
Outfitter

Post by 0celot »

AmbushPredator wrote:Whatever the new reserve is, and whatever the new animal is, I'll be happy :)
Ha, I think that's true for everyone actually lol.
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

0celot wrote:
AmbushPredator wrote:Whatever the new reserve is, and whatever the new animal is, I'll be happy :)
Unfortunately far from it. I'm on your boat, but if there's something we'll never run out of over here it's perpetual whiners. No matter what the new animal and the new reserve is going to be, you can be damn sure some people are going to whine about it. It's consistent as gravity.
0celot
Outfitter

Post by 0celot »

Lawger wrote:
0celot wrote:
Unfortunately far from it. I'm on your boat, but if there's something we'll never run out of over here it's perpetual whiners. No matter what the new animal and the new reserve is going to be, you can be damn sure some people are going to whine about it. It's consistent as gravity.
lol, whining doesn't mean they wont enjoy we get... just that they want more :p. It's funny how something really good spurs innovation and creativity. Sometimes people tend to take that too far... by thinking that because they were inspired to have something else or something changed... that they should have it. But people enjoy what we have by virtue of being here playing it.

Of course there's always exceptions, sometimes these creative folks are right. And naturally, bugs and broken game-play are different story too.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

I feel like everyone is suddenly talking about both reserve and species.

Anyways, I'd like to see a trailer for the upcoming reserve. It wouldn't reveal too much, maybe one animal that would be there, but it would be one we already have. Anyone else like to see this?

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™

Return to “General Chat”