"facepalm" moments

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
McMeyer
Spotter

"facepalm" moments

Post by McMeyer »

I have just been hunting ducks again for I really love it here in th. I allow others to join me. Can be quite funny provided you meet some cool guys...

Mr K* connected.
Me: hey there

No reply. He crouches the 100m from my tent to the blind spooking two flocks doing so and waits right next to the blind standing upright.

Me: hop in dude, your spooking all the birds
Mr K: k

keeps standing there

Me: just hit 'E' for interaction

he finally made it into the blind a minute later or so

Me thinks: Patience, take a deep breathe, maybe he doesn't speak english or he is distracted by some rl issue - who knows.
Me: do you speak english?
Mr K: yes
Me: great, you know what duck shooting is about?

I have doubts... So we stand and wait as usual when waterfowling... Two minutes go by...

Mr K: call
Me: dude there is no flock in sight so there is no need to call

Two minutes later, again no flock in sight - at least none that I'd be aware of...

Mr K: call
Me: uhm, you got me? no flock - no need to call
Me: you may wanna read the wiki or look at the youtube vid by HooCairs - that pretty much sums everything up

A huge flock comes in passing straight above , I'm calling like a champ, 6! break. Mr K unleashes hell while they are beyond 100m...

Me: dude that was way too early. Let them get closer. let's say 40 yards at least.

Mr K raises his shotgun and shoots point blank in my face.

Mr K got kicked from server

Me: sighs and lights a cigarette...

*name changed by me
Last edited by McMeyer on July 22nd, 2014, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalMind
Outfitter

Re: "facepalm" moments

Post by MetalMind »

I know that pain... :D SOOOO TYPICAL situation when a guest enters your session :) That is why I'm locking the session for newbies :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sounds like a kid, or a crazy guy. Take your pick :lol:
plasmaflare
Hunter

Post by plasmaflare »

Yeah, I miss having a working ban button for all the new, mostly young trolls. Had something similar at least once a night, usually more, the past week or so. Thank you steam.
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

I like having a 0 hunterscore limit on my hunts... but ******* if 75% of them dont get ruined.... started setting the limit at 100, i feel bad doing it because i know there are responsible hunters under that but its just so hard to stop l337sn1perZ99 joining your server and shooting everything in sight.. had a dude "snipe" a cottontail with a .243 earlier when i was playing completely scaring a nice whitetail i was calling in... i feel bad kicking these people from the game but at the same time it completely ruins my experience.. i feel like setting a hunterscore limit is the best way because for every idiot you kick it feels like there are 5 more coming
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

I like cigarettes too. :D
moejoe95
Hunter

Post by moejoe95 »

beamstas wrote: [...]its just so hard to stop l337sn1perZ99 joining your server and shooting everything in sight.. had a dude "snipe" a cottontail with a .243 earlier when i was playing [...]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i know that feeling so well.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

beamstas wrote:I like having a 0 hunterscore limit on my hunts... but ******* if 75% of them dont get ruined.... started setting the limit at 100, i feel bad doing it because i know there are responsible hunters under that but its just so hard to stop l337sn1perZ99 joining your server and shooting everything in sight.. had a dude "snipe" a cottontail with a .243 earlier when i was playing completely scaring a nice whitetail i was calling in... i feel bad kicking these people from the game but at the same time it completely ruins my experience.. i feel like setting a hunterscore limit is the best way because for every idiot you kick it feels like there are 5 more coming
Mr Miyagi would never have let Daniel go straight to MP. He would have had Daniel practice his skills in SP first. My Miyagi always limits by HS.
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

Deconstructed wrote:
beamstas wrote:I like having a 0 hunterscore limit on my hunts... but ******* if 75% of them dont get ruined.... started setting the limit at 100, i feel bad doing it because i know there are responsible hunters under that but its just so hard to stop l337sn1perZ99 joining your server and shooting everything in sight.. had a dude "snipe" a cottontail with a .243 earlier when i was playing completely scaring a nice whitetail i was calling in... i feel bad kicking these people from the game but at the same time it completely ruins my experience.. i feel like setting a hunterscore limit is the best way because for every idiot you kick it feels like there are 5 more coming
Mr Miyagi would never have let Daniel go straight to MP. He would have had Daniel practice his skills in SP first. My Miyagi always limits by HS.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

The play by play was like an SNL skit :lol:
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”