Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Pretty_Boy »

I got a tip, do not know if its mention before, but Ill give it a try:

When you hear a call from an animal, lets say Coyote, you never know if its one or more...
Before answering the call, study the map on the huntermate and see if its some equipments close by, mabye a tower,
mabye its pretty close to a "blindgate" or mabye its not far to the sea line,
or mabye you have an open fiield with a greater view in one spesial direction...?

If so this is true, make a call and place yourself in a position directly opposite from the details mentioned abowe...
Its all about making smart choises and the results are selfexplonary... Good Luck :)

Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

If you're not into pheasant hunting, and you therefor don't need the 'Make sound' key (F), assign it to the N (for example).
Now you can use the F key for other things, like Holster. It's next to the 'move' keys and became very handy for me.
Tadi
Tracker

Post by Tadi »

Flanker305 wrote:If you're not into pheasant hunting, and you therefor don't need the 'Make sound' key (F), assign it to the N (for example).
Now you can use the F key for other things, like Holster. It's next to the 'move' keys and became very handy for me.
actually i made my F key for hunterMate, and whistle key is Y (to stay futher from fingers). In my opinion whistle key shouldn't be "near" fingers, cuz when u shooting birds u are not moving- you are standing still. In that case movement keys not needed.
haNylanda
Tracker

Post by haNylanda »

I got prone on "F", and whistle on "Q"
Been thinking about maybe change the whistle to "X" or maybe "V"
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

HINANO
Spotter

Post by HINANO »

When you shot an animal at a long distance with a scope, and don't kill it instantly, keep looking in the scope, and don't move.

Many times, the animal is running in circles, and you have one more chance to hit it.
And if the shot is good, you can see it fall after done some circles.
haNylanda
Tracker

Post by haNylanda »

At long range, I use to mark the location where the animal is on the map, before I take a shot.
It make it more easy to find the starting location of tracks if I made a bad shot.
doctor81
Spotter

Post by doctor81 »

When stalking close by animals avoid moving through small plant growth such as lavender (field) and ferns etc (forest). This greatly reduces the chance of making the loud crunch sound which can spook your quarry.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If you are new to bear hunting and have a low tracking level, the Huntermate will not give you weight estimations. You can still find large bears if you focus on the size of the footprints. There is quite a difference in the size of footprints form small vs. large bears. Follow large footprints and your bear at the head of the trail, and ultimately its score will be high with a great likelihood.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
OLIVERATOMIX
Tracker

Post by OLIVERATOMIX »

when you scanned a footprint in the water !! go in the direction of darker lines on the dotted circle to find the next

Return to “General Chat”