Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Lamphunter
Hunter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Lamphunter »

TundraPuppy wrote:
Lamphunter wrote:I have been noticing the following during every single one of my huntings in the game:
Whenever a Crow cries out it means that an animal or a flock of animals is nearby, so be extra careful and get into "stealth" mode!
This i have noticed in every single reserve i have been hunting during the last three years, except Rougarou Bayou and that because i haven't been hunting there a lot. I suppose this applies in RB too but i just can't confirm it.
At first i thought that it was just a coincidence but after quite a few huntings i'm now pretty sure that this is the case.
Try to notice it yourselves though, or even maybe Alena could be so kind to confirm whether i'm right or wrong. I could be wrong.
I'm new to this forum, so if this tip has also been mentioned from someone else in the forum before me, i apologise and please consider it my mistake!
It's a coincidence, I am afraid. There was a theory a while back about seeing butterflies meant an animal was near, but that's also coincidence. Or as I am apt to remind people - correlation does not imply causation!
First of all i thank you for your reply to my post! :)
I also accept and appreciate the fact that you surely know much more about this game than i do, but i wouldn't have posted a tip without having tested it!
As i mentioned before, at first i also thought that it was just a coincidence, but after quite some time playing and noticing the exact same think, i became quite positive about it because it simply works, especially in forest areas with low visibility, and i thought i should share it with the community! Not because i want to receive any kind of credit from anyone, but because i have also learned quite a lot from others who share their tips and info in this forum! It also made sense to me in the end, because it happens in real life too. Nature has it's ways (including alarms between animals) and as this game is a simulation for hunting in nature, the designers might as well, had installed such a feature.
Of course i'm not a 100% sure about it. I can't be. I'm not the designer, and to tell you the truth, even if it's just a coincidence, it still suits me, because it happens every time! ;)
Anyway, my mistake. Next time i'll think twice before i post a tip!
Again, thanks for your involvment! Much better to have a reply to my tip,even a negative one, than no reply at all! ;) :P
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

Have you wandered through the forest firing a gun every now and then? Would the crow not call then?
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

T0MRf5 wrote:Have you wandered through the forest firing a gun every now and then? Would the crow not call then?

Yes it would! Scared/alarmed too? I don't know...

I don't want to argue any more about this though, because the only people who know a 100% if this is actually the case or not are the developers, not me! As i said, i can't be a 100% sure that this is an actual tip. But i also can't be a 100% sure that this is just a coincidence because i have confirmed it every time a crow calls.
If the community thinks that i'm wrong, then i'm wrong! I can't insist that this tip is valid, if no one else has noticed it, all these years. I mean there are players here much more able and experienced than i am! No way they hadn't noticed it, if such a tip really existed. I mean it, and i don't deride anyone!
To tell you the truth, i was so confident about this tip that right after i submitted it, i expected to receive lots of replies telling me things like "read older posts before submitting a tip" or "we already know this tip" or "open your eyes and read older threads" or "tell us something we don't know" etc, and links of threads describing the exact same tip with me, except maybe even years
before me. ;)
For once more, my mistake! :(
Than you for your reply :)
Happy Hunting!
AVC2013
Outfitter

Post by AVC2013 »

Tips for " Nine tails " Competition

Try to calibrate the bullet drop by shooting the Pheasant on the ground.
If we can do it with the Pheasants, we can do it to the Fox.
Happy hunting and Good Luck!!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

A new portion of tips have been added to the collection: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 12#p591612

Thanks for generously sharing your tips everyone :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Always shoot the biggest coyote bull in the flock. 8-)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

When hosting a Multiplayer game you can safe yourself a lot of trouble with an open password approach:

- Install a password for your game
- state in the game's name something like "password in text"
- give in the game's description your own rules followed by the password

This way you make sure that only people intelligent enough to read will enter your game and that they should have read the rules.
In my experience it saves a lot of trouble with incidents of unfriendly behaviour and mischief -but it makes a game significantly less frequented by others.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

PHEASANT HUNTING -easy tip

- Approach pheasant which you spot by normal walking (or sprint but not closer than about 30 meters then walk) , when you are around 15-30 meters away:
1) just ready your shotgun point it little above peasant - press SPACE to hold breath
2) then press F (your hunter will whistle LOUD) to flush him into air
3) shoot just when he start to flying vertically

Job done, you can bring it to your wife for tasty broth soup.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

The Tips of the Week have been chosen and posted: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 06#p598506
CrescentCrux
Tracker

Post by CrescentCrux »

My tips I see people hardly use;

1) Trees and rocks are the best cover, they are natural and block the view of animals. Call an animal from just-off-side/behind a tree and they can get right up next to you.
2) Some trees that are fallen over also work as a 'stand' and lift you out of animals vision.
3) When approaching a call/animal slowly using crouch-walking or prone staying behind trees/rocks will allow you to move easier without spooking animals.

Return to “General Chat”