Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
pnShen
Hunter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by pnShen »

Marking on map with pencil is very helpful, when you harvest another animal before collecting the previous one, it is essential. Dont use cross, because it is hard to make it perfect and it takes to much space on the map. Use a T instead. Start the line at the center of red dot (the place marked with the target finder or you marked the spot of the animal call) and draw it at any direction far enough to have enough more drawing space. Now make a short line actoss the far end. Now you can write any comment at the far end. usually 1-2 letter is enough (MC=MooseCall, DB=DeadBison)

This method was helpful many times when the secound target did not went down at the first shot, and i had to go after it. Some times i collect hours after the harvest.

sorry, i cannot attach an image right now.

Good hunt to all

Rucker
Scout

Post by Rucker »

When you have started a new hunt go and take a coffe break or clean up in the kitchen. Return after 30 minutes and start your hunt. You will find more tracks since the animal have spread more around the map
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Rucker wrote:When you have started a new hunt go and take a coffe break or clean up in the kitchen. Return after 30 minutes and start your hunt. You will find more tracks since the animal have spread more around the map
That requires nerves of steel though. Whenever I go away I just know I will miss the trophy.
Argylius
Tracker

Post by Argylius »

Rucker wrote:When you have started a new hunt go and take a coffe break or clean up in the kitchen. Return after 30 minutes and start your hunt. You will find more tracks since the animal have spread more around the map
This is exactly what I do. You worded it perfectly!
By the time you come back, all the animals have made their mark more around the map.
HooCairs wrote:CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

If you receive a call, ID it and check where the circles are on the Huntermate map. Then immediately put the Huntermate away or replace it by another item. You can now walk towards the calling location or call and wait. The next time you take out the Huntermate, even if 5 minutes later, the circles will still be there. The circles use up "screen time". Their timer only runs down when ever the Huntermate is equipped. You can repeat this four, fives times before the circles finally die off. Every time check the Huntermate quickly and remove it again.

This method saves you from having to create red dots on the map. Once you get used to doing this, you will do it all the time. ;)
Also I never knew this was a bug. I do it all the time and thought it was a great feature.
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Post by Blind Mole »

Do not try to replace TheHunter with another game - you will be back sooner or later...
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

As a general rule of thumb when you can hear the animals foot steps it is less than 30-35m away. This can come in handy when bowhunting without a rangefinder or if you don't have time to range the animal.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
FluorescentBlack
Spotter

Post by FluorescentBlack »

Eventually I realised that spotting is one of the most valuable skills that you naturally level up slowly and I had been slacking on it. In most cases such as with low scoring animals I now prioritise spotting over shooting. Best to get on that spotting skill early!

By the same token, and you have all probably done this accidentally, when you are in thick brush if you unlock your head and sweep it along the topographic horizon aiming through the brush you can get spotting when you would normally not even be able to see something. Like that clever Turkey or that Pig that may end up charging you. Comon everyone, do the radar head!
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

I have a doubt about this advice. :?:
The game does not simulate all the movements with their trajectories at launch of the map?
Otherwise when you would run the map at 16h instead of 6H, there should be many more trace?

or it's just for positioning, no tracks is created before ?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Yansko wrote:
I have a doubt about this advice. :?:
The game does not simulate all the movements with their trajectories at launch of the map?
Otherwise when you would run the map at 16h instead of 6H, there should be many more trace?

or it's just for positioning, no tracks is created before ?
You are correct.....The animals spawn 1 game-hour before you do, and roam around leaving tracks.

There is also a maximum number of tracks on the ground at any one time. My guess is that on average, there is about 1 1/2 game-hours of tracks (45 minutes real-time), with the oldest ones disappearing as new ones are created.
Personal Bests...
Sqwee
Outfitter

Post by Sqwee »

If you are in a treestand and can't see behind the tree, or in a tower or blind on a hillside and can't see up a hill--use freelook.
-If the tree is behind you, turn your side to the tree, lean forward until you're looking downwards, then press freelook. Now turn your head and see behind the tree.
-If you're in a blind/tower and the roof is blocking a hillside, walk to the edge of the blind/tower facing the hillside, lean forward, then press freelook. Now look up with your head and watch the hillside.

Return to “General Chat”