Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Chumbafogo

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Chumbafogo »

Which key is "freelock" to press?
Code: Select all
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Chumbafogo wrote:Which key is "freelock" to press?
Unless you changed it in the game options, it should be "X".
Personal Bests...
Sqwee
Outfitter

Post by Sqwee »

Fletchette wrote:
Chumbafogo wrote:Which key is "freelock" to press?
Unless you changed it in the game options, it should be "X".
As Fletch said, it's default X. But I have mine set to L-ALT so my thumb is naturally laying on it, because I use it constantly.
Suriel

Post by Suriel »

Try to enjoy the game experience, but don't take the game too serious.
At the end of the day stats are just stats and virtual animals are in season all year.
GUNNYMD

Post by GUNNYMD »

Use your Binoculars.... Its one of the best tools you have besides the HunterMate......

Scan ahead of you while your walking(not running) this works good while your in an open area or high treed forest...Most time you'll spot them before they sound or spot you
(Also some of the larger trophy animals never make a call sound)....

If your tracking an wounded animal go slow and crouched and follow the trail while looking ahead through your Binos 90% of the time you'll see the animal before you spook him then you can take a second shot ( dont miss the second shot the animal will run deeper and further away) NEVER RUN ! after an wounded animal !! unless you want to track him for a long time!!...
I always count the number of steps I take between the animal track halos, the halos are pretty much at the same distance apart so if I my count is off I know the animal has turned, When this happens I start a circle loop around the last halo mark
Like others who have said the animals will sometimes cross old track marks ,this is where it can get tricky but it you use your step count you can work it and if the animal is fleeing while you cross these old tracks look for the halo that has the animal fleeing those will be the fresh's track,

Scan ...Scan...Scan...Scan...Through your Binoculars some of the best advice I can give ...I also have Track IR with this Im able to look around more easily while walking,tracking or just looking around..

GUNNYMD

Friend me if anyone would like too
HunterBooth
Outfitter

Post by HunterBooth »

1) Carry at least 2 of the flags with you when hunting (they don't take up much capacity). When you take a long distance shot or your game runs out of the render zone:
a. note the "render exit point" or downed animal if in brush
b. immediately, and while looking directly at one of the above points, drop a flag,
c. keeping that first flag and the point(s) in a. (above) in line, back up a few meters and drop another flag.
This gives you a fixed sight line in case you have to start your search again -- as in you shot too many animals from the same spot. Obviously, if you shoot/wound more than one animal, having 4 or more flags comes in handy if you're in for a long track on one of your targets. The major drawback to this tip is that you have to come back to pick 'em all up -- the flags, that is.

2) When setting up bird hunting ground blinds, try to align the corners of the blind to the cardinal compass points. That way, if you are MP'ing and someone says birds from the North, South, etc., it might be easier to spin to that "point" (if you've familiarized yourself with the compass headings). ;)
A recent study has shown that women who have gained weight tend to live longer than men who mention it.
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

HunterBooth wrote:1) Carry at least 2 of the flags with you when hunting (they don't take up much capacity). When you take a long distance shot or your game runs out of the render zone:
a. note the "render exit point" or downed animal if in brush
b. immediately, and while looking directly at one of the above points, drop a flag,
c. keeping that first flag and the point(s) in a. (above) in line, back up a few meters and drop another flag.
This gives you a fixed sight line in case you have to start your search again -- as in you shot too many animals from the same spot. Obviously, if you shoot/wound more than one animal, having 4 or more flags comes in handy if you're in for a long track on one of your targets. The major drawback to this tip is that you have to come back to pick 'em all up -- the flags, that is.

2) When setting up bird hunting ground blinds, try to align the corners of the blind to the cardinal compass points. That way, if you are MP'ing and someone says birds from the North, South, etc., it might be easier to spin to that "point" (if you've familiarized yourself with the compass headings). ;)
I do all of this too. One extra step I do with flags is I point the flag in the direction of the animal's "render exit point". You can click on the right mouse button to rotate the flag and point it in the direction your animal is. Flags are one of the best things they have added to the game recently.
slackster
Tracker

Post by slackster »

If you have tracking skill under 10 and see a specific animal such as a trophy or rare, only spot that specific animal of that species. If the animal flees, you are sure you are tracking the right animal. This works especially well with animals that travel in herds. How many times have you tracked for 45 mins. what you thought was that monster only to realize you had tracked the wrong animal
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Two lousy shots don´t equal a good one.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Don't know if mentioned before, but here goes:
If turkeys spot you in your tree-stand, sitting completely still will often make them look away again.
iow, don't change stance, don't move your head, don't raise/use weapon/tool and so on.

Return to “General Chat”