Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ludante
Outfitter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Ludante »

Ravenousfox wrote:BEST TIP OF ALL! ;)
If you have the Ghillie suit set throw that in the garbage bin and never use that again. Seriously.
Use the Sneaky 3D Summer Forest Camouflage instead. :)

Reason being the Ghillie suit makes a lot of noise when moving. (super bad for roam hunting.)
Also Ghillie suit becomes useless when in a Tower/blind/stand because you only benefit from the Tower/blind/stand effect. (not what you're wearing.)
Also Visual Reduction: Legendary vs. Visual Reduction: Excellent is not even a noticeable difference.
Much rather have Sound Reduction: None than Sound Reduction: Add a moderate amount of extra noise vs. all species in all areas when moving.

Hope you make the right choice from now on all you Ghillie suit users :roll: :lol:
Last time I was wearing ghillie on tree stand male feral hog came under me, lifted his head, stared at me for like 7 seconds and then ran away..I was like way up there, it was pretty high..so I agree with this one..although ghillie was my first camo and I had a lot of fun with it..

When hunting reindeers take deer grunt caller and use it..You`ll be surprised with reactions.. :) Couple of times females rushed in like trying to pick a fight or something..Sounds little bit strange but it happened to me..
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
teleman
Tracker

Post by teleman »

I can't remember who posted it, but there was a tip about setting up barrels and feeders that has worked great for me.
The game itself will not let you post a tent less than a given amount of meters away from the bait.
When I go in to check and when I am trailing an animal I find the tip this person gave works great.
For the first 100 or so meters walk; for the next 200 meters stoop; the last 100m crawl.
This allows a very close proximity to the animals without alerting them.

Found it:
Feral Hog Hunting-Hoo Cairs tips tricks and tactics
teleman
Tracker

Post by teleman »

The best tip I have found is not to rush the shot.
There is plenty of time. Don't shoot until your placement
is solid.
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Command your dog to fetch those birds stuck in the sky. No need to go out of render any more.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

You can use any scent spray as wind indicator. :D

When you apply a scent, pay attention to where the wind takes the spray. Move away if the spray flies right into the direction of the animal(s) you are about to lure.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

Sometimes its easier to climb up on a stone if you are in prone position.

When going down steep hills, hold S from the exact moment you start to slip and don't let go and you will be amazed what you can survive.
helgoryon
Tracker

Post by helgoryon »

live every day as if it is your last, because one day you will be right
SmothyHunter

Post by SmothyHunter »

If you see a new player with 0 hunter score , and if he is running towards you , it might mean that he is hunting people.So the tip is press H and don't show the gun and after that guy has finished he's bullets GET YOUR 30-06 AND .44 OUT. They will pee their pants after seeing that gun and listening how it sounds.
ronin65
Scout

Post by ronin65 »

As you know sometimes ducks are turned over, breaking the flock, when they have moved away, so much so that almost is not out of sight. The problem is that if the caller used the binoculars cannot be used. to fix this, what I do is:

-low view it until the flock stays at the top edge of the monitor, or
-move the flock to the extreme left or right of the monitor.

In both cases the vision is improved since it darkens or enlarges the image of the flock

Como sabeis los patos algunas veces se dan la vuelta, rompiendo la bandada, cuando se han alejado mucho, tanto que casi no se pierden de vista. El problema es que si se usa el llamador no se pueden usar los prismaticos. para solucionarlo lo que hago es:

.- baja la vista hasta que la bandada se queda en el filo superior del monitor, or
.- mover la bandada hasta los extremos izquierdo o derecho del monitor.

En ambos casos se mejora la vision ya que se oscurece o se agranda la imagen de la bandada
Jimmithesith

Post by Jimmithesith »

I just want to go off-topic for a minute and point out the following...
DanielRN wrote:
jlferrell wrote:But I don't want to continue to debate it here, it's not the appropriate topic for it. :)
Fair enough.
THIS. This is the kind of behavior that makes this community one the best of all game's comunities....

That's all. Just wanted to point this out since i've rarely seen that on a forum before...

Return to “General Chat”