Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Matija225

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Matija225 »

If there is a Turkey flock coming to you, always shoot the first one and the other ones will not spook. That way you can bring whole turkey flock down ! :D
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Use the web page rather than the launcher to look at Hunt History. Use the browser back arrow to return to previous page. (In fact, use the web page for everything except Launching. Launcher and Web page are not interchangeable.)

I've killed 21xx geese and not one has been a rare. I wanted to go back and double check my hunts. I started (unknowingly) using the launcher and that let me know not to use it.
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

When you are in a bushy area or in the forest and you know (by hearing the calls or by tracking) that turkeys are close, just try to find a good elevated position (rocks, tree roots etc) and go prone, facing the direction of the calls or the middle of the cone from HunterMate's screen. Call the turkeys and try to spot them. As a tip, LISTEN! Turkeys are hard to be seen into dense vegetation, but roaming ones are flapping wings and that sound can make your life much easier!
Spoiler:

Blind Mole
Outfitter

Post by Blind Mole »

If you want to look around, stop and do not move. Screen movement reduces attentiveness of your eyes.

p.s. im not sure about grammar, you can fix if something wrong..
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

If you have multiple feeders for the same species on a map they will be listed in a specific order in the launcher under the heading "Broadcast Feeders". The first one shown will be the one with all the traffic when starting your session.
Okan_Berk
Tracker

Post by Okan_Berk »

There is no tip. You just have to be patient and the animals will come across you.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Okan_Berk wrote:There is no tip. You just have to be patient and the animals will come across you.
Is this like "There is no spoon"?
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

If you shoot an animal and its a bad shot you should wait a long time before tracking. Animals tend to bleed constantly while roaming, but when fleeing they hardly ever bleed. They will bleed out and die close to where you shoot them if you dont chase them right away.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

beamstas wrote:Animals tend to bleed constantly while roaming, but when fleeing they hardly ever bleed.
I don't think this has anything to do with the status of fleeing or roaming, but only with time.
But fleeing animals comer very long distances in a short time while animals roaming aimlessly after having fled cover just very, very short distances in the same time.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

Knut wrote:
beamstas wrote:Animals tend to bleed constantly while roaming, but when fleeing they hardly ever bleed.
I don't think this has anything to do with the status of fleeing or roaming, but only with time.
But fleeing animals comer very long distances in a short time while animals roaming aimlessly after having fled cover just very, very short distances in the same time.
I notice when roaming almost every track is blood. When fleeing maybe 1 every 10, is this jst me ?

Return to “General Chat”