Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Knut »

If you're annoyed about minor unimportant details in the game, don't go to the forum. It'll just make everything worse for you. ;)
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Knut wrote:If you're annoyed about minor unimportant details in the game, don't go to the forum. It'll just make everything worse for you. ;)
Lemme add to that:

If you feel that x and y should or need to be free, don't go to the forum. 95% will disagree strongly

:lol: :lol: :lol:
XandyBecas
Outfitter

Post by XandyBecas »

Tip: THE JACKRABBIT CALLER.

Predator "Jackrabbit" Caller is not for call Rabbits.
It attracts Coyote and Red Fox using the sound of a jackrabbit.
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Fox and Coyote hunting tip: when you get a call from either, quickly check your surroundings for an area that allows you to see the spot you are currently standing on. Using the Predator Call, call 1-4 times in succession, and then back into your hiding spot that you found. 20m and beyond works as long as you can see the spot you called from. Just sit and wait, and you'll have an easy shot every time.
It's a little different with Coyotes because they travel in packs, so if one comes in, chances are it's not alone. That is up to the player whether they wanna wait and see the others or take their shot.
Good tip!
Bonecollector81
Spotter

Post by Bonecollector81 »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

This tip if for those who love to do mission after mission on the same hunt. Get a tent and carry it where ever you go. This will allow you to access all of your goodies and weapons when you need them just set up the tent pull out your tripod a different gun reload ammo what ever you want. when your inventory is set up the way you need if dismantle your tent and away you go.

bonus tip. as soon as you complete a mission. go to the menu, (if you don't go to the menu, you risk having your mouse lock in the top left corner and that's a pain in the rear.) hit the windows button on your keyboard go to the web site and activate your next mission, then return to the game, setup the tent and select the gear you need and continue on. Hope these tips help.
Jex_TE
Scout

Post by Jex_TE »

Bonecollector81 wrote:This tip if for those who love to do mission after mission on the same hunt. Get a tent and carry it where ever you go. This will allow you to access all of your goodies and weapons when you need them just set up the tent pull out your tripod a different gun reload ammo what ever you want. when your inventory is set up the way you need if dismantle your tent and away you go.

bonus tip. as soon as you complete a mission. go to the menu, (if you don't go to the menu, you risk having your mouse lock in the top left corner and that's a pain in the rear.) hit the windows button on your keyboard go to the web site and activate your next mission, then return to the game, setup the tent and select the gear you need and continue on. Hope these tips help.
If your mouse gets stuck in the top left corner when you alt tab, try right-clicking - that frees it up for me :)
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Here's a tip I used irl hunting for many years and it works in our game.

When you shoot at an animal, and it doesn't drop, it runs off, stay where you are. Mark
the last spot you saw the wounded animal run by looking at the spot and left clicking with
the mouse,...that leaves a red dot on your HM.

Now, just lay down and wait for the animal to bleed out or becomes so weak it cannot get up
on it's feet and flee. I go pour myself a cup or coffee or leave my PC for at least 20 game minutes.
After waiting 20 minutes or so, find your blood trail using the HM to find the spot and track the
animal. Most of the time you'll find it lying dead.

If you would have started tracking right away, the animal would keep fleeing until you finally
shoot it again. Works great in the game like it did irl life for me and my hunting pals.

(Remember, our game motto is "As Real As It Gets". In this instance,...it's true) ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Bucky1015
Spotter

Post by Bucky1015 »

When you're looking for a place to put a stand or blind or tripod, be sure that you have plenty of clear shooting lanes in at least 4 or 5 different directions, because you never know where the trophy of a lifetime may come from. When you've found your spot, get in your stand/tripod/blind and make sure you have a clear shot in a full 360 circle. Otherwise you may have a nice animal stop behind a tree or bush or rock or whatever, preventing a clean shot.
Bonecollector81
Spotter

Post by Bonecollector81 »

I have yet to see a treestand with full 360 circle.
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

RedBlooded wrote:Don't step to the sides using the A & D keys! Animals can spot you easier if you do so.
Why? How would you suggest us to move to the side otherwise?
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

Flanker305 wrote:
RedBlooded wrote:Don't step to the sides using the A & D keys! Animals can spot you easier if you do so.
Why? How would you suggest us to move to the side otherwise?
Look in the direction you want to move and hold w..

Sent from my GT-S7500T

Return to “General Chat”