Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by VonStratos »

This may have been mentionated, but if you are tracking a Whitetail(or similar deer) with old tracks, +-60mins, once you reach in the 8-15mins of proximity tracks stop tracking and start calling, chances are high the deer is close to hear and come to you, but if you keep tracking you may end spooking him, its a time to exercise patience.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Sneaking up to a feeder may be dangerous... Sometimes you just want to fill it up without shooting anything... Feeders are usually placed on an open area, and bears may want to attack... You may have to shoot before the bear eats you... ...but, there is a big butt, you have a choice to run and hide... ...and where you're gonna hide is behind the feeder itself... xD

TSIPOYRA

Post by TSIPOYRA »

Hello fellow hunters. Let's talk about Euro-bunnies in BRR... (haven't seen much of that, except for the tripod that was correctly mentioned before)
when i want to hunt those rabbits, i run all the time... from high ground to high ground and glass all the lower terrain or hill sides around me.

If i see a rabbit (or the burrows) in the distance i mark it on the map and run to it, spooking them as i get closer. Most of the times they all get in the burrows.
I then place my tripod in a place where i can see most of(if not all) the burrows, at a distance varying depending on the weapons you use on that hunt.
For me it's from 10m the closest up to 35-40m(shotguns) and up to 50-60m(air-rifle/.22 pistol/plinkington). these distances allow for clean head-shots with the rifles and better statistics....

After entering your tripod, you'll notice the rabbits getting out running and getting in again. if you use shotguns you can start the massacre right away...
If not, just wait until they get into a half-spooked state... when that happens they get out of the burrow, stand at their hind legs and look around for a while, then walk a small distance and stand up again for a shorter time...
time for the head-shots.

That's how i hunt them, you can experiment more on the above for yourselves, to find 1-2 more tips i'm not mentioning here.

Enjoy guys
When everything seems to go wrong, just smile... Better days are coming soon. ;)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

You should not fall asleep while sitting in a tree stand.
It could perhaps be that a beaver comes and take your "Pulsar" Bow...? :D

Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Pretty_Boy wrote:You should not fall asleep while sitting in a tree stand.
It could perhaps be that a beaver comes and take your "Pulsar" Bow...? :D
Pretty Boy,
I fell asleep ONCE in a treestand, never again. I was stacking ZZZZZ's and fell 25'
to the ground. Thank God, I landed head first,.....and wasn't hunt. :o :lol: :lol:
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Luangzxx
Tracker

Post by Luangzxx »

When new reserve released, don't look at its map... going explore and draw your own map. A lot more fun. You will feel like whole new experience.
omarmoustafa93

Post by omarmoustafa93 »

i carry the original ground blind with me and place it as soon as an animal calls it makes u camouflage even without camo clothing and reduces scent a bit as well, only with the green original ground blind!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

If you do get a dog consider reassigning the dog commands to your number pad.
I quickly found out that opening and fumbling with the god command menu was not the best .

Now I simply hit a key on the number pad and it all happens without disrupting the flow of the game.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
NoxNoctura

Post by NoxNoctura »

Carry a tent.

The option of being able to set up a tree stand ANYWHERE or quickly change your entire load out is invaluable. If you want to move areas, dismantle your tree stand, load it into the tent, then dismantle the tent.

When you are finished hunting, set the tent up so you can return to that area. Saves a lot of time from having to fast travel to a lodge, or starting from a lodge and having to hike to your favorite areas.
Jackson11
Scout

Post by Jackson11 »

I'm not trying to repeat myself and it is too late to delete so this is a fixed up more thought out tip.

Tips for Multiplayer hosts

1. If you want to have rules, put them in the description, it is extremely disappointing when someone is playing and they get kicked out for "breaking a rule" that they didn't know about because there wasn't any in the description.
2. Always be friendly to new players who are having trouble figuring out what to do, remember you were there once too, if you do not want inexperienced players to join, then make a hunter score limit.
3. If you yourself are new to theHunter and are hosting a game, listen to the experienced players, they can have some good ideas that will help you be a better hunter and game host.
4. Always wait to quit the game until all the players have confirmed their kills, and always ask if everyone is ready to quit, and keep playing with them if you have time, multiplayer hunting can be a rewarding and fun thing to do.
5. If you do not have time, or just can't keep playing when other players want to, tell them you have to go and that maybe you can hunt with them another time, and tell them all to have happy hunting.

Tips for multiplayer hunters.
1. Respect the hosts rules: it is the hosts game, so they decide what they do or do not want players to do. If you cannot abide by a hosts rules, then you should not join their game.
2. If you have been hunting an animal and another player starts hunting it, respectfully tell them that you saw it first, and if they keep going after it, tell the host and let them deal with it.
3. If you are hosted by a newbie, give them some tips and ideas, they will be very appreciative of this.
4. When you are duck or geese hunting, and it says nothing about this in the rules, ask the host if your dog can get the birds, it can make a bad glitch when two dogs both go to fetch.

I hope these are helpful.

My theHunter name: Jackson011 Youtube: Jackson011 theHunter (no videos yet though :D ) Twitter:@jacksonmcox

Return to “General Chat”