Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by HooCairs »

Extort713 wrote:When standing in a Tree-stand, after readying your weapon, you can look down at your feet. Extremely helpful when hunting coyotes for example.

Cool! Have you tried shooting your foot?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Do not have your dog Stay where animals may get near the dog. You can not shoot the dog nor can you shoot the yote/fox/dear next to or on the dog.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Reggy wrote:Do not have your dog Stay where animals may get near the dog. You can not shoot the dog nor can you shoot the yote/fox/dear next to or on the dog.
Sorry but this is a bad tip. When the dog is laying down it is impossible to spook animals with it.
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

nosnerb wrote:
Reggy wrote:Do not have your dog Stay where animals may get near the dog. You can not shoot the dog nor can you shoot the yote/fox/dear next to or on the dog.
Sorry but this is a bad tip. When the dog is laying down it is impossible to spook animals with it.
Not spook - you are unable to shoot the animal. My apologies if that was not clear.

Edit: You can not shoot the dog. If the animal is within the dog "box" for lack of a better word, when you aim at the animal and pull the trigger, the game lowers the gun/bow and does not fire. Animal is too close to the dog. Dog does not spook animals.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Reggy wrote:
nosnerb wrote:
Not spook - you are unable to shoot the animal. My apologies if that was not clear.

Edit: You can not shoot the dog. If the animal is within the dog "box" for lack of a better word, when you aim at the animal and pull the trigger, the game lowers the gun/bow and does not fire. Animal is too close to the dog. Dog does not spook animals.
My apologies, yes I will put this to use and not have the dog lay under the treestand. Sorry for the confusion and accusation :)
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Here's a tip... to train your scent dog play the game in multiplayer with new players who aren't so good at shooting... plenty of wounded animals to track! :)
fastd
Spotter

Post by fastd »

do these tips still actually get counted...as the first one i see is dated back in 2014.?
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

fastd wrote:do these tips still actually get counted...as the first one i see is dated back in 2014.?
Even if they're not counted, look through it and there's actually some really useful stuff in here
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Create a goose setup in the deepest forrest with little view...
Assemble a Tower around 600m away on an open field...
Hoste MP and place yourself in that tower...
Just wait some minutes to you hear some desperate shooting, then you can start calling... :D

PB

Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

Dont eat the Yellow snow on Whiterime Ridge!

Return to “General Chat”