Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Re: Tip of the week [NOMINATE]

Post by Raptor02 »

This tip I learned from Knut.

While using the steam launcher, there is no back button. Just hit backspace, it works as a back button.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Raptor02 wrote:This tip I learned from Knut.

While using the steam launcher, there is no back button. Just hit backspace, it works as a back button.
Both launchers......
Personal Bests...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The launchers are Google Chrome browsers with limited functionality. F5 does not work for some reason though.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Useful tip:
Think twice before posting something like "Black Bear - 7 slug shots" or "Helicopter hunting".. 8-) .

My father always tells me: every word you don`t say out loud is Gold..
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Kniven
Tracker

Post by Kniven »

A tip for those who want to play multiplayer but are worried that someone who haven't learned how to behave yet - especially around other hunters (running, firing etc). Maybe you want other players to join you to have a chat but don't want to hunt together, at least not until you know your fellow hunter and her/his skills. Spawn at your tent far away from other spawn points then place it in your backpack. Other players are forced to spawn in a comfortable distance from yourself. Then you have plenty time to monitor their skillz. If they sprinting 1500m towards your location you will know...
wer66
Tracker

Post by wer66 »

Speed-Weapon-Change

Don't know, might already have been posted but just in case:

If you want to change from weapon 1 to weapon 2, you can speed up that process.

If weapon 1 is empty and you press the button to bring up weapon 2, weapon 1 will be put down, then it will bring up weapon 2.

For speeding up:
If weapon 1 is empty and you press the re-load button, the reloding process will start. As soon as reloading has started, you press button for weapon 2. That stopps the reloading process and now weapon 2 will be immediately in your hand and you gain the time you would have needed to bring weapon 1 down.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

If you have outdated PC (low specs) be sure to turn off the browsers and logout from internet apps such as Facebook while playing, because your game will be very slow.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Obsidyan
Spotter

Post by Obsidyan »

CHOSEN AS THE TIP OF THE WEEK

Shooting Tip:

*Use the rangefinder to "mark" the blood after you have taken any shot.*

Often after you approach a blood trail, the environment may not fully render until you are close to where you hit the animal - which can lead to confusion when searching for blood trails.
Spoiler:
Crazyhorse
Scout

Post by Crazyhorse »

For working on weapon skills with a moose legal weapon I grab a moose, elk, deer grunt calls and run around the southwest corner of RFF using the moose call every 5-10 seconds. Since moose have a good chance of calling back if they hear you call (as long as they are not a bull..). Generally I can quickly locate and kill for skill ups. Also listen for the random Elk/Deer sounds and hunt them down as well. You can easily get 15-20 kills an hour this way.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

When you can’t seem to locate the next track of a fleeing animal, don’t give up just yet. Return to the last known track and walk a few meters in the direction the animal was going then setup a tree stand. Enter the tree stand and look in all directions for the next track.

Sometimes entering a tree stand will give you a new perspective over the terrain and you can locate the next track.

Return to “General Chat”