ELE Missions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
RickC
Outfitter

Re: ELE Missions

Post by RickC »

One of the missions I thought I'd never finish was "Two Roe bucks over 30kg with a compound bow in one hunt".

Found one many times before ever getting the two in one hunt requirement.
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

When I hunted the northern part of the island I found lots of Black tail, I had a mission for every speciaes on the island but blacktail and whitetail. Today I hunted the southern island and saw lots of whitetail, this has happened a lot and it makes me wonder. When you activate a quest for a specific species, does the software spawn less of the animal to make your hunt harder and more of a challenge? Is activating an mission an ELE until the mission is completed?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Mrmr123 wrote:White-heart islands are unbalanced in spawns, i learned this doing some experiments with long hunts exploring the two islands, the southern island sometimes can have only 1 bull, or 3 bulls and sometimes there is 14 bulls... same with coyotes... either most packs (20-30 coyotes ) will be in the southern island or just 2 coyotes.

So the animal you are looking for ( Elk or coyote ) depending on the session, may accumulate in southern island, leaving north with just a few or Vice versa.

Covering the two islands in long hunts is time wasting, the best way to do it, focus on an area and keep your hunts short, search for tracks or any sign within 30 minutes, if there is nothing... just restart for a new session.
It's interesting to see someone else with experience say that- because there have been times that sure felt like exactly that. I got on a RFF kick for a while, and I'm curious if you find something similar- Animals of RFF's seem to keep coming and coming and I get my highest KPH there - I've called it an animal conveyor belt, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact you can see so far in the swamps - I do not find WHI or LP to be like this at all. Would you agree with that? It's just the feeling I've had - You get an internal clock that seems to tell you, you should be seeing or hearing something by now.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

RickC wrote:One of the missions I thought I'd never finish was "Two Roe bucks over 30kg with a compound bow in one hunt".

Found one many times before ever getting the two in one hunt requirement.
I haven't done the roe missions yet RickC, is it for the parker python or snakebite? The python should be my next bow but I really want to try the longbow.
RickC
Outfitter

Post by RickC »

Exanimis wrote:
I haven't done the roe missions yet RickC, is it for the parker python or snakebite? The python should be my next bow but I really want to try the longbow.

Requirement just says a compound bow so you can use the Parker or Snakebite.

The longbow is tricky but when you get the hang of it, it is a great bow. I am not a Parker bow fan.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Exanimis wrote:When I hunted the northern part of the island I found lots of Black tail, I had a mission for every speciaes on the island but blacktail and whitetail. Today I hunted the southern island and saw lots of whitetail, this has happened a lot and it makes me wonder. When you activate a quest for a specific species, does the software spawn less of the animal to make your hunt harder and more of a challenge? Is activating an mission an ELE until the mission is completed?
It is random I am sure, I have seen people comment (and had experiences myself) that is seems to be exactly the opposite where the first animal seen is the one/type needed.
WhiteRabbit
Outfitter

Post by WhiteRabbit »

Exanimis wrote:When you activate a quest for a specific species, does the software spawn less of the animal to make your hunt harder and more of a challenge?
I've always questioned this. People will tell you that it doesn't work like that but I feel like when I go into a competition for elk, as an example, I'll see less bulls and they'll spook a lot easier.

Edit: By the way, I know your topic wasn't meant for the sake of complaining and you didn't asked to be schooled on how to hunt coyote but I must ask if you've tried Flanker's Coyote guide in the fan guide section of the forum? If not, then you should try it because it could give you more coyote's than you've ever dreamed of. I could basically spawn mash that spot, that's how easy. If you have a tent and treestand, give it a go.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Radamus wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:White-heart islands are unbalanced in spawns, i learned this doing some experiments with long hunts exploring the two islands, the southern island sometimes can have only 1 bull, or 3 bulls and sometimes there is 14 bulls... same with coyotes... either most packs (20-30 coyotes ) will be in the southern island or just 2 coyotes.

So the animal you are looking for ( Elk or coyote ) depending on the session, may accumulate in southern island, leaving north with just a few or Vice versa.

Covering the two islands in long hunts is time wasting, the best way to do it, focus on an area and keep your hunts short, search for tracks or any sign within 30 minutes, if there is nothing... just restart for a new session.
It's interesting to see someone else with experience say that- because there have been times that sure felt like exactly that. I got on a RFF kick for a while, and I'm curious if you find something similar- Animals of RFF's seem to keep coming and coming and I get my highest KPH there - I've called it an animal conveyor belt, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact you can see so far in the swamps - I do not find WHI or LP to be like this at all. Would you agree with that? It's just the feeling I've had - You get an internal clock that seems to tell you, you should be seeing or hearing something by now.
Its not just feeling,,, its numbers talking, when i did the experiment, my aim was to spot all elk bulls available in each session, and WH was perfect since almost nothing can escape my radar (its contained islands). i found out there is a max of 20 elk bulls, in some sessions i was able to spot them all, sometimes one group will pass under my radar. so in a perfect session i spot 20 bulls, so if i can find only 4 bulls in south island, i know the rest 16 are in the north, and i find them there, thats why i said its unbalances, you could waste all your time in south for just 3 bulls... this is the case with coyote and elk and only on WH. i dont know about RFF its an open map, animals can be anywhere :D and in long session you will find elk in weird faraway places.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

WhiteRabbit wrote:I've always questioned this. People will tell you that it doesn't work like that but I feel like when I go into a competition for elk, as an example, I'll see less bulls and they'll spook a lot easier.
That's your mind playing tricks on you. Perception and expectation...

See e.g.:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 25#p254325
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 17#p322917
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 50#p226450
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

@WhiteRabbit, I have read flankers tutorial and I look forward to trying it but at the moment I do not yet have a treestand, I was doing this mission with a ground blind.

@Mrmr123, I will keep that in mind about the animal spawns but as far as ending a game and starting another, I prefer the longer hunts. I almost always hunt with a recurve and I crouch walk everywhere, I like to track and get close enough for the shot. My hunts take a lot longer and I am not going to be winning any compititions but its the way I like playing the game.

Return to “General Chat”