ELE Missions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Exanimis
Hunter

ELE Missions

Post by Exanimis »

In the scientific community an ELE refers to an Extinction Level Event, I sometimes feel like activating a mission on theHunter is an ELE.
I started my hunt today with one mission,Bow Wow, in mind, this quest requires that you harvest 5 coyotes with the snakebite compound bow, four of the coyotes I harvested a day or two before so I had high hopes of getting this single coyote and removing this mission from my list. Here is the route I followed.

As you can see I did harvest a whitetail buck along the way, I also harvested three turkeys, one of wich I needed for a quest.
I stopped in several pastures and wooded areas and set up my ground blind in areas that I have killed coyote before and spent much time calling for coyotes without any luck.
After traveling 6000m without an single sign of a coyote I stopped hunting and simply set my mind to finding a single track before ending my game.
After 7000m I gave up on crouching or walking and began to just run from track to track.

Finally after 4 hours 58 minutes I heard a coyote call, the first evidence of a coyote today.

7375 meters through the heart of coyote country before I found a single track

I also have the mission Lucky 7 in which I have harvested 6 of the 7 elk that I need, although I found hundreds of tracks of elk, BT and turkey I never saw any evidence of a male elk either.

Please don't missunderstand this thread, I am not complaining as this kind of hunt, although frustrating, can only add the the thrill of a successful hut and to the realism of the game. This post is about your hardest hunts, the missions you thought you would never finish so please feel free to add your own and maybe others will not suffer quite so much frustration if they know that they are not alone.

EDIT: I forgot the statistics page http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/Exanimis/statistics
Last edited by Exanimis on April 18th, 2014, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Re: ELE Missions

Post by Blind Mole »

1. if you will be started near north island lake - you will be get coyote call in fist 10-15 minutes.
2. you traveled from north lodge for long till arrived coyotes spawn zones... coyotes had enough time to shuffle at whole map.
3. do you allways waiting for a call? what about to make blind calls for them at every 100m you traveled? tried something like this? same with foxes.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Heart of coyote country is the southern branch of the island across the land bridge in your last pic not the rest of the island you walked through.
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I have always had better luck finding coyote on the northern island in the area north of the camp. You can see here http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/exani ... n/31610693 I harvested four coyote and four turkey in the same hunt. The four coyote that I harvested were all taken from my ground blind in the pasture NE of the campsite. I have only managed to take one coyote from the southern island and that was from a tower with the .300 rifle.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Exanimis wrote:I have always had better luck finding coyote on the northern island in the area north of the camp. You can see here http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/exani ... n/31610693 I harvested four coyote and four turkey in the same hunt. The four coyote that I harvested were all taken from my ground blind in the pasture NE of the campsite. I have only managed to take one coyote from the southern island and that was from a tower with the .300 rifle.
Suggested reading: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=47641
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

Did anyone read the first entry?
Rusty79
Scout

Post by Rusty79 »

Use a caller and a tree stand, every 100m and call back spooked yotes after 5m in-game.
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I'll take that as a no and just post the pictures from now on.

DAY 3

5955m traveled
+5 hours 35 minutes
+2 bull Elk
+ 4 whitetail bucks

EDIT: Here is the statistics page for this hunt. http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/Exanimis/statistics
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I've read it all - I hunt WHI quite often and love shooting dogs- I know that sometimes they are thick and sometimes I' can't find one - Right place, right tactics anything less than a pile of 6 or more is disappointing - I recently knocked off close to a dozen in 45min, posted a pic of a pile of 9 from one tree stand. I would guess, 30% of the time they are kind of thin. I have only recently began doing much on the north island - cpl days ago I was able to call in 7-8 in one group - I think I got 4 of them maybe but was getting late so I didn't spend the time I would normally.
Sometimes they are there, sometimes, it' better to leave and start a new hunt.

edit: I know how it feels, I've been trying to close a mission with mule deer on Loggers - You think I could find one? hell no - It's funny, I get geared up to go hunt Elk, I get yotes and deer - I get focused with a plan to go get dogs and sure as sunshine Bull elk abound! and nice WT - I spent 3.5 hours on LP last night - Nice albino WT some yotes and watched 7-8-9??? Mule does .. Hannah and her sisters and her cousins ... did not see one single mule buck.....I passed on several WT bucks, nothing special - tried my hand at long range pheasant with xbow, that was fun - So much for my intended Muley Buck hiunt plans :)
Last edited by Radamus on April 18th, 2014, 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

White-heart islands are unbalanced in spawns, i learned this doing some experiments with long hunts exploring the two islands, the southern island sometimes can have only 1 bull, or 3 bulls and sometimes there is 14 bulls... same with coyotes... either most packs (20-30 coyotes ) will be in the southern island or just 2 coyotes.

So the animal you are looking for ( Elk or coyote ) depending on the session, may accumulate in southern island, leaving north with just a few or Vice versa.

Covering the two islands in long hunts is time wasting, the best way to do it, focus on an area and keep your hunts short, search for tracks or any sign within 30 minutes, if there is nothing... just restart for a new session.

Return to “General Chat”