The price for goose setup seems... silly

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SeeDoe
Scout

Re: The price for goose setup seems... silly

Post by SeeDoe »

Wow seriously if you want that many setups you are going to pay for it!
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Flanker305 wrote:What's with the 'greedy' stuff, guys? They make (virtual) things, and sell it. Some people buy, other's won't.
Rocco wrote:It seems that their greed is bigger then their imagination.
Huh?! What do you mean here exactly?

because there re skinning a generic blind , not changing it 1 bit other than a variation of the camo pattern and making it a vital bit of kit to hunt the new species properly. So you really have to pay em$450 for content most of us bought 3 months ago in a different colour for em$450.

that's 2 species straight of the bat you need decoys, 2 calls and a blind to hunt properly. were essentially paying a fee to hunt the new species, and that the 1 thing your supposed to get with a membership.

they know exactly what the deal is IMO, there was uproar over the price of the mallard gear so they offer a bundle at 45% off for all the goose stuff but only if you get it in the next few weeks. Smells a bit rotten to me.
Nightmare
Hunter

Post by Nightmare »

Say it is outraguos, call it greed, call it money hungry or what ever you will.
This is a company making a product and offering it at a price, hoping it will be profitable.
It takes alot to keep it afloat.
Their employees are just like anyone else. Trying to make a living.
They need their monthly pay to keep a roof over their heads and food on the tables so their children won't go hungry.
The important things that everyone need in life just like you and me.
So we decide to either pay for the product or not.
Some can afford to pay for and buy everything thats released and some cannot and some just do not want to.
Yet they are to blame by the ones who cannot or do not want to pay for whats offered.
This game for me has not been no more expensive than any other game that I have played requiring a membership.
The time that I have been here playing actually has cost me about $200 less than what it has cost me to play Everquest 2 for the same amount of time.
Rantanrave
Tracker

Post by Rantanrave »

Wickedm1ke wrote:How much is it that you have spend on League of Legends to date? :)
I thought you did'nt care ^^

Anyway I think it is best that I forget. I asked their support, who told me.... I did not like the answer.

*Cough* 1560 Euros.
Urgia
Scout

Post by Urgia »

L3M182 wrote:because there re skinning a generic blind , not changing it 1 bit other than a variation of the camo pattern and making it a vital bit of kit to hunt the new species properly.
The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is the blind, I was hoping to see single man laydown blinds, covered with corn or hay, which would be sold individually or in bundles of three. I guess the problem with that would've been having the player lay on his/her back (which would've been an awesome addition to the game btw).

In real life no goose would get anywhere near a blind like the one we have in the game. Or at least I don't think so.
Accurize2
Tracker

Post by Accurize2 »

Nightmare wrote:Say it is outraguos, call it greed, call it money hungry or what ever you will.
This is a company making a product and offering it at a price, hoping it will be profitable.
It takes alot to keep it afloat.
Their employees are just like anyone else. Trying to make a living.
They need their monthly pay to keep a roof over their heads and food on the tables so their children won't go hungry.
The important things that everyone need in life just like you and me.
So we decide to either pay for the product or not.
Some can afford to pay for and buy everything thats released and some cannot and some just do not want to.
Yet they are to blame by the ones who cannot or do not want to pay for whats offered.
This game for me has not been no more expensive than any other game that I have played requiring a membership.
The time that I have been here playing actually has cost me about $200 less than what it has cost me to play Everquest 2 for the same amount of time.
Exactly! If it's too much just keep playing the game the same way you did yesterday.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

E W Expensive Worlds
Spoiler:
Wickedm1ke
Outfitter

Post by Wickedm1ke »

Rantanrave wrote:
Wickedm1ke wrote:How much is it that you have spend on League of Legends to date? :)
I thought you did'nt care ^^

Anyway I think it is best that I forget. I asked their support, who told me.... I did not like the answer.

*Cough* 1560 Euros.
And why did you spend all that money? Surely you must like the game to deem it worthy of all that money.
So you are basically saying that theHunter is an inferior game to LoL, and not being worth the money?
tazzietiger1966
Hunter

Post by tazzietiger1966 »

its really not that expensive this game ... i have all the guns , bows ,available , 5 tents ,3 hides ,2 treestands ,1 tripod stand , around 8 different types of clothing , two pairs of sunglasses , all the callers , 3 bear barrels , a duck hide , a goose hide , 48 decoys for ducks and geese , 1 hog barrel plus 12 month membership ..total cost around $400 Australian dollars over the period of 1 year ...so around $1.10 per day I average around 3 hours per day playing it ..so that works out around 36 or so cents per hour of game play ......not too many types of entertainment you can do for that low of a cost .. (about 8 bux a week )
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

That thread is a mistake I think... or you didn't notice that 45% discount on Goose starting bundle. It is really nice from devs that they made such bundle.

Return to “General Chat”