bears are more rare than any rare deer

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tears
Chat Logger

Re: disappointed

Post by Tears »

Honestly, I just need a caller. Finding bears is not really difficult but I hate to pull the trigger at 100 - 150 meters and shot them in the back. If I crouch toward them they are to fast and if I walk they flee. No chance to get them in bow range.

I think they are not really so rare, but they are the smartest and spookies species, they make no sound so the HM is pretty useless and you can't attract them. That makes them so hard to hunt.
offiez
Hunter

Re: bears are more rare than any rare deer

Post by offiez »

if any of you remember when coyote first hit the game, the same thing happened: no caller, and you had to hunt them differently than any other game,...same with the pheasants, and now the bear,....at first I was "we need a caller for the bear", but then after hunting them for a few days, I hope they NEVER get a caller, or lures of any kind,...bears make you track, stalk, and plan like a hunter (same thing the game is called).....you can't run after them, and crouching is too slow most times,....so you use the terrain, and head em off, or walk, crouch alternatively,.....yes it's tougher than sitting in your blind and calling them in, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE.

so from what I'm reading, most of you want "easier bear hunting" (you don't want to run very far, or look very long)

I'm not with doing things because they are "easy",.......(IRL or in this game)

so the devs should be able to figure out a way so some of you can get "easy hunting", and those (like myself) would like "harder hunting"

maybe "easy, medium, hard, & forget-a-bout-it", or something like that
Tears
Chat Logger

Post by Tears »

I don't want "easy hunting", easy hunting is putting a bullet in them from 200 meters. I want to hunt them with bow or revolver, be close to them and feel the danger of being attacked what currently is not the case.
Pratze
Outfitter

Post by Pratze »

I don´t find the bear very spooky. I have never spooked a bear unless I shot it. Really you cant expect walking around and not spooking it. You gotta crouch and be carefull. Make stops and scan the area with the binos. You will be suprized how close you can get to a bear without it noticing you at all. from behind you can get in bow range. Make sure you wear camo, have scent eliminator and crouch not walk.
You know people, this is a sim. You gotta develop some technique and skill and also experience plays in a lot. So don´t give up so easy and blame it on the game.
There are many people who can deal with it perfectly.
gubbengoman
Tracker

Post by gubbengoman »

i have shot quite many whit bow actually no problem at all.
Haramir

Post by Haramir »

I have seen approx 4 at every hunting session. Should be more rare i guess
bromstarzan
Outfitter

Post by bromstarzan »

Bears are common just north-east of the Darkwood Lodge. Especially around and south of the abandoned cabin. It is far from rare. Just my opinion. Good luck!
Sloffie
Hunter

Post by Sloffie »

In my last hunt I bagged 4 bears. 3 blonde and 1 black. I am convinced they are not rare. You just need to know where to look. Shot all of them in the NW corner of the map.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Re: disappointed

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

Tears wrote:Honestly, I just need a caller. Finding bears is not really difficult but I hate to pull the trigger at 100 - 150 meters and shot them in the back. If I crouch toward them they are to fast and if I walk they flee. No chance to get them in bow range.

I think they are not really so rare, but they are the smartest and spookies species, they make no sound so the HM is pretty useless and you can't attract them. That makes them so hard to hunt.
I agree........bring on the call,for those that want one.........If ya dont want a call,dont buy it(rather simple solution) everyone is Happy ;)
Harbard
Scout

Post by Harbard »

Cant understand the very heart of this topic, bears are everywhere in the northern part, harvested 5 in my first two hunts. The caller would enable us to hunt them too easily imo.
And a question here for IRL hunters : does bear callers exist (not talking about urine here.) ?

Having urine would be okay, as you would not know if there are bear in the area unless you've spotted tracks, in which case you could try using urine.

Return to “General Chat”